ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Trouble down-scaling 4K to 1080

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Halyk
Trouble down-scaling 4K to 1080
on Nov 24, 2014 at 2:56:11 am

I have done some editing in premiere before but am new to working with 4K footage. I am definitely no professional. I typically select a my custom preset (1080, 24fps, progressive) and drag a 4K clip into the timeline. It asks if I want to change my sequence settings or keep them the same, and I have tried both:

1 - When I change the settings, the sequence becomes the dimensions of my 4K clip, and previewing is a breeze; no frames dropped. However, this will not do because my I want to export and have my timeline in 1080.

2 - When I stay with my original settings, the 4K clip blows up, as it should being a much larger file in a 1920x1080 frame. However, when I scale the clip down to the correct amount, it fits fine but I can hardly play more than 2 or 3 frames in real time.

This video also confused me because it seems like this person didn't have the problem at all, and was able to change his sequence settings on the go.

Can someone please explain this to me and show me a shortcut that would make handling this footage easier? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Trouble down-scaling 4K to 1080
on Nov 24, 2014 at 5:00:34 am

He said that his Computer was really buffed, hyperclocked and Stuff.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mann
on Nov 24, 2014 at 5:39:58 am

Always edit with the native settings with the clip for best performance and render to 1080p in your export settings.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Nov 24, 2014 at 4:38:47 pm

Use a 4k sequence and change the resolution on your Program Monitor. Should be fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]