ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Use of hard drive from a Compaq presario with a IMac or MacBook Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean O'LearyUse of hard drive from a Compaq presario with a IMac or MacBook Pro?
by on Nov 22, 2014 at 12:54:01 pm

Can anyone please tell me if I can use a PC hard drive as a sort of external drive with my IMac or MacBook Pro computers. A few years ago I spilt red wine in the keyboard of my Presario PC laptop and completely wrecked the PC laptop.As usual there are heaps of family photos on the hard drive that I now do not have access too.
Is there a cable of any device I can use to retrieve files from the old PC laptop and transfer to my Mac computers?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sean

Return to posts index

Ryan HolmesRe: Use of hard drive from a Compaq presario with a IMac or MacBook Pro?
by on Nov 22, 2014 at 9:20:29 pm

So you have the internal drive form your Compaq that you want to attach to your Mac as an external drive? If so, you'll need to buy an enclosure to put the hard drive in. Enclosures can hold either a 2.5" drive or a 3.5" drive. You'll need to buy the enclosure that correctly corresponds to what you have. And then you can attach the drive to your Mac...depending on how it was formatted (Fat32, NTFS, etc) the Mac may or may not be able to "see it."

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Sean O'LearyRe: Use of hard drive from a Compaq presario with a IMac or MacBook Pro?
by on Nov 22, 2014 at 9:29:00 pm

Thanks Ryan

Will try this for sure.

Cheers

Sean

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Use of hard drive from a Compaq presario with a IMac or MacBook Pro?
by on Nov 23, 2014 at 9:09:26 am

[Ryan Holmes] "depending on how it was formatted (Fat32, NTFS, etc) the Mac may or may not be able to "see it.""

Mac OS will read and write fat32 but only read NTFS. If it's some mysterious dynamic partition thing it might not show up at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]