ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Second Preview Monitor Not Working

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis O Maymi
Second Preview Monitor Not Working
on Nov 22, 2014 at 12:54:08 am

I been trying to use a second screen as a preview monitor to see my videos full screen, but is not working. I followed this Lynda tutorial but still my second monitor didn't show. Here is a screenshot of my settings:

Although the second monitor is checked I still can't see the second monitor going fullscreen. Also I would like to use Blackmagic Playback (via the Blackmagic Intensity Extreme) but I wasn't able to make it work either. Here are my specs:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Processor 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 12 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Adobe Premiere Pro CC
2014.1 Release
8.1.0 (81) Build

Any help will be appreciated.

-

The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing. – @lomaymi (Follow me on Twitter)

Return to posts index

Buddy Brett Ramker
Re: Second Preview Monitor Not Working
on Nov 24, 2014 at 7:23:25 pm

Hey Luis,

The only way to display the preview or program monitor on your second display, you will need to physically drag the window over. For Blackmagic playback via your intensity you will need to enable it on the playback menu. Keep in mind, Blackmagic will not playback non standard formats.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Luis O Maymi
on Nov 27, 2014 at 4:37:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Brett

I knew about dragging the program window to the second monitor (I been doing that for years). The thing is that on the Lynda tutorial the program window automatically goes full screen when the options in "Playback" are changed. That is not working on my end. Any suggestions?

-

The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing. – @lomaymi (Follow me on Twitter)

Return to posts index

Jiri Fiala
on Jan 31, 2017 at 11:44:46 am

If the only way is to drag a window onto secondary desktop, what does the "Video devices" tab that lists connected displays actually do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]