ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

HD tape ingest with scene detection and then export picons and tc numbers to file maker pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan NybergHD tape ingest with scene detection and then export picons and tc numbers to file maker pro
by on Nov 20, 2014 at 11:42:47 pm

A client has asked that I ingest a bunch of old DVCproHD tapes. They want to maintain the original timecode and detect each scene. They would like the clip tc data, tape name and first frame image to be exported to a filemaker database or some form that would allow import into filemaker. Does anyone have any ideas for this workflow? Would Prelude be part of the answer?

Thanks, Dan.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: HD tape ingest with scene detection and then export picons and tc numbers to file maker pro
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 5:40:48 am

[Dan Nyberg] "Would Prelude be part of the answer?"

As far as I know Prelude does not capture tapes. Premiere however can capture tapes and I think it had a scene detector too. You'll need to write the tape name when you change tapes and there might be some third party option for capturing the first frame of every scene. Or do it manually.

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: HD tape ingest with scene detection and then export picons and tc numbers to file maker pro
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 9:47:48 pm

Hi Tero,
I believe scene detection is DV only, not HD. Sorry.

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: HD tape ingest with scene detection and then export picons and tc numbers to file maker pro
by on Nov 22, 2014 at 7:14:48 am

[Kevin Monahan] "I believe scene detection is DV only, not HD. Sorry."

I thought it had some caveat. I've never used scene detection in any tape jobs I've done.

Return to posts index

Dan NybergRe: HD tape ingest with scene detection and then export picons and tc numbers to file maker pro
by on Nov 22, 2014 at 2:31:45 pm

Thanks Kevin. I am starting to find there aren't any real good sw solutions for the workflow I'm looking for either. I remember an old sw called "Shot Logger" by Dubner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]