ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Changing number of audio tracks of a sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Sebeck
Changing number of audio tracks of a sequence
on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:15:27 pm

I am trying to add more audio tracks (master outputs) to a sequence. When I go to the sequence settings the tab is greyed out and inaccessible. What is odd is, that some sequences do let me change the settings, and others don't!?!

The other issue is that the sequence has all of my chapters set, and named properly - so its not as simple as creating a new sequence and copy and pasting into it. Unless someone has found a way to paste with chapter markers. I know i can nest the sequence into the new sequence and the chapter markers will be on the clip - but I need them to be chapter markers.

Anyone know of a workaround?

Again - I have my master timeline all finished - with chapter markers - I just need to add more audio outputs (currently stereo - need 4 channels for split track master)

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: Changing number of audio tracks of a sequence
on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:37:08 pm

Have you tried just moving an audio clip down to below the last track in the stack? That will automatically add a track.

Return to posts index

Rick Sebeck
on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:53:45 pm

I am not trying to add additional audio tracks in the sequence. I am trying to change the number of audio tracks OF the sequence. This gives you more than the default stereo (2 channel) output in your master. You then assign audio tracks to the output tracks. Then you can output one file with 4 channels of audio with your stems all in one file. But for some reason - These sequences won't change. I even tried deleting all the media out of it - but no luck.

Editor

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Nov 19, 2014 at 6:38:10 pm

Yeah, so you want a new sequence with Multichannel audio. Transferring the Chapter Markers...not sure if that can be done.

Return to posts index

Jake Abramson
on Dec 5, 2014 at 10:21:16 pm

It can be limited by the "Editing mode" and the number and type of audio channels supported by the codec/format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]