ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio with same start/end point won't sync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Cella
Audio with same start/end point won't sync
on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:01:55 pm

Hey guys, I'm about to pull out my hair.

I have a sequence with 2 audio tracks that are correctly synched. When I pluraleyesed I forgot to add the third track which comes from the same source as the 2 already synched tracks (recorded with Zoom H6). Since all 3 tracks were recorded at the same instant, they have the same start/end times, duration, everything. They are identical.

When I try to add the third track into my edit sequence with matched timecode it isn't synched properly. In theory I should be able to double click an audio clip in the sequence, get it's start time, and apply it to track 3. At that point they should be synched, but it's off. It's not even close. I can't figure out why this doesn't work.

I've already edited full sequences with 2 tracks and to start over now would set me back big time. I realize this is confusing, I wish I could explain it better but at this point this is where I'm at. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Return to posts index

Jake Cauty
Re: Audio with same start/end point won't sync
on Nov 18, 2014 at 9:08:55 pm

Frustrating.. I've had similar issues before and the things I looked at is checking if the bit rate for each was the same, if all were 48 khz and so on. Does it drift out of sync? Or is it immediately out of sync? I may be wrong but I would suggest syncing one to another by sound, not by timecode, go frame by frame to the first 'blip' of sound, and sync to that... Hope thats been useful :) Good luck

Return to posts index

Chris Cella
on Nov 18, 2014 at 9:20:00 pm

Thanks for your response Jake. I think I just realized the issue, not sure yet though. Since I used pluraleyes, the synched clips I am trying to sync the 3rd audio clip to is a pluraleyes reference file, not the original audio file. Therefore the timecode isn't the same on the reference file as it is on the original file. Quite a headache but I think I have found the issue. Thanks for your assistance!

Return to posts index

Jake Cauty
on Nov 18, 2014 at 9:44:46 pm

Not a problem! I hope you've got it sorted now. I would have broken the desk with my head...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]