ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro cc (2014) render times when adding effects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Evans
Premiere pro cc (2014) render times when adding effects
on Nov 18, 2014 at 10:36:56 am

I work with a lot of go pro footage and am experiencing very bad performance when adding the go pro video distortion effect. Once the effect is added I cannot play the footage in real time, even at 1/4 quality and render time takes an extremely long time (40 minutes for a 1 minute clip). This is extremely unsettling seeing as I am normally a final cut pro x user and trying to make the switch to premiere. I have used several plugins to remove the go pro distortion in fcpx and it dose not seam to greatly impact realtime playback quality or render time. I am new to premiere pro but so far am loving the interface and many of the features but is this a normal thing to expect? I even went as far as buying a brand new 15" macbook pro with retina with a 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB 1600MHz ram, 512GB PCIe-based flash storage, Intel Iris Pro Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 memory to remedy this but have not really noticed much of a difference between this and my 2012 13" matchbook pro. I am shooting the GoPro at 1080p at 60fps, which I know are large files with a lot of information but I thought this computer and premiere should be able to handle it. It's a pretty big jump switching editing platforms and am completely ready to do so with the exception for these extremely long render times. Please help!!!

Thanks,
Eric

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Premiere pro cc (2014) render times when adding effects
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:35:55 pm

How are you removing the distortion? How are you rendering?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]