ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro cc (2014) render times when adding effects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric EvansPremiere pro cc (2014) render times when adding effects
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 10:36:56 am

I work with a lot of go pro footage and am experiencing very bad performance when adding the go pro video distortion effect. Once the effect is added I cannot play the footage in real time, even at 1/4 quality and render time takes an extremely long time (40 minutes for a 1 minute clip). This is extremely unsettling seeing as I am normally a final cut pro x user and trying to make the switch to premiere. I have used several plugins to remove the go pro distortion in fcpx and it dose not seam to greatly impact realtime playback quality or render time. I am new to premiere pro but so far am loving the interface and many of the features but is this a normal thing to expect? I even went as far as buying a brand new 15" macbook pro with retina with a 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB 1600MHz ram, 512GB PCIe-based flash storage, Intel Iris Pro Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 memory to remedy this but have not really noticed much of a difference between this and my 2012 13" matchbook pro. I am shooting the GoPro at 1080p at 60fps, which I know are large files with a lot of information but I thought this computer and premiere should be able to handle it. It's a pretty big jump switching editing platforms and am completely ready to do so with the exception for these extremely long render times. Please help!!!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Premiere pro cc (2014) render times when adding effects
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:35:55 pm

How are you removing the distortion? How are you rendering?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved