ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Mac Pro 2013 and PP CS6 problems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas SarkissianMac Pro 2013 and PP CS6 problems
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 4:59:22 am

I am looking for help, I've searched this forum and the web but haven't found anything that can help me.

I recently got my business partner to buy a new beefed-up Mac Pro to to do some multi-cam 4K editing and be able to edit client videos in the blink of an eye.

I was using an upgraded MacBook Pro mid 2010 before that and had really laggy source and sequence playback, hence the new Mac Pro. I just installed everything today and performance isn't any better! It is not a drive problem since I'm using the Mac's internal 512Gb Flash storage to test the machine and the 4k videos play fine on other programs. I know the AMD GPU isn't supported but I know that this should mostly affect rendering and exporting, not playback.

Is there some kind of configuration that I should have? Is there some real incompatibility between Apple and Adobe? The sole purpose of this new computer was to speed up editing, but nothing has changed, I have almost the same performance as my old MacBook Pro.

Here are the configurations :

New Mac Pro :
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB
OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Old MacBook Pro :
2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 339M 512Mb
OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Al LeVineRe: Mac Pro 2013 and PP CS6 problems
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:42:48 pm

Try the CC 2014 trial. Adobe has made some crazy optimization to the software since CS6; CC 2014 has a remarkably faster interface than CS6 in my experience.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved