ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

"unlink' button

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Johnstone"unlink' button
by on Nov 17, 2014 at 4:30:16 pm

In FCP7 there is a handy 'unlink' button on the top RHS of the timeline so that when you want to disconnect the audio & video (to stretch audio under other video content etc), in PP CS6 I have not found thins handy button - despite looking for it! Instead I seem to have to control+click (eight click on PC I suppose) to bring up a menu and then 'unlink' the audio from the video track. The net result is the same, but the nifty button in FCP is clearly a much better solution. Have I missed the equivalent button in PP or does it not exist?

Andy Johnstone
Wild Dog Limited
film & multimedia production

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: "unlink' button
by on Nov 17, 2014 at 5:33:19 pm

Option/Alt click on any clip to unlink the video or audio.

Return to posts index

Jorn BergmansRe: "unlink' button
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 10:38:25 am

Also, the default hotkey to link/unlink audio from video is cmd+L
(or, I would imagine, for windows this is ctrl-L)

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: "unlink' button
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:16:47 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Monahan on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:17:30 pm

Hi Andrew,
The Linked Selection button/command is a CC feature not found in CS6. It works exactly the same way as it did in FCP. Your discovery and Paul's suggestions are the ones you have to work with now. Jorn also has a good suggestion.

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Andrew JohnstoneRe: "unlink' button
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 8:10:52 am

Just to say, sorry for not having come back to this thread earlier. Of these two suggestions the only one that seems to work to unlink video from the attached audio is alt+click on one or other of the tracks (ie on the video or the audio tracks). The "global unlink" only happens when you highlight a ;linked clip and then "control+click" to bring up a drop down menu. I have not been able to get "command+L" to work.

Andy Johnstone
Wild Dog Limited
film & multimedia production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved