ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Interpret FPS Quality loss?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna holck
Interpret FPS Quality loss?
on Nov 17, 2014 at 12:24:51 pm

Hi! I was wondering when you go to interpret and change the FPS of let's say a 60 FPS video to 24 FPS, Will it still work as 60 FPS, even though you just changed it to 24? Because otherwise i can't see why anyone would film in 60 FPS just to change it back to 24 FPS?

And also when you change it to 24 FPS, can you do it in anyway so the video don't get slowed down? (Because i would like to slow it down in after effects)

Thank you so much in advance! :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Interpret FPS Quality loss?
on Nov 17, 2014 at 4:22:00 pm

[anna holck] "I was wondering when you go to interpret and change the FPS of let's say a 60 FPS video to 24 FPS, Will it still work as 60 FPS, even though you just changed it to 24?"

Well...it will, if you interpret it back. If you tell PPro to "Interpret" it, it will take each frame and play them back at a different FCP. So 60fps, interpreted as 24fps, will play back slow motion. If you shot 60fps, and you want to use it normal speed in a 24fps project...don't interpret it...just cut it into the sequence.

[anna holck] "Because otherwise i can't see why anyone would film in 60 FPS just to change it back to 24 FPS? "

So they can make really smooth slow motion.

[anna holck] "And also when you change it to 24 FPS, can you do it in anyway so the video don't get slowed down? "

YUP! And that's the whole point. TO shoot something with a higher frame rate so that you can get really nice slow motion.

[anna holck] "(Because i would like to slow it down in after effects)"

You can...you'll get the same result.

And there is ZERO quality loss when you change the frame rate.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nicolas Laborde Zunino
on Nov 19, 2014 at 4:32:46 pm

Yes, thats ok, but: I shoot at 60fps, edit in a sequence with same settings as the clip, do the slow motion (50%), but when i render at 25fps (in my case) , video looks like stroby. I would like to see my render(at 25fps) as smooth as i see it into the project. How can i do it? (Twixtor, Kronos?)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 19, 2014 at 4:34:57 pm

[Nicolas Laborde Zunino] "I shoot at 60fps, edit in a sequence with same settings as the clip"

Don't do that. Do not put a 60fps clip into a 60fps sequence. If you do that, and then slow the footage down, it'll strobe. because your 60fps sequence is now repeating frames.

What you need to do is be cutting in a sequence of the frame rate you WANT. So use a 25fps sequence...and then interpret the footage to that frame rate. And it'll be smooth slow motion.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Nicolas Laborde Zunino
on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:03:24 pm

Ok. That worked great! But if I want to use the clips in real time, i just only don't interpret footage and edit (clip 60fps, sequence 25fps and render 25fps). It's that ok?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:16:06 pm

Yes. If you want to use the footage normal speed, just cut the 60fps shot into the 25fps timeline...it'll look just fine.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]