ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro deleting footage from sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine ParkerPremiere Pro deleting footage from sequence
by on Nov 15, 2014 at 4:07:49 am

I'm working on a rather large project. Each new day I create a new duplicate sequence just to keep track of the progress and changes. Recently I have been having a huge problem with Premiere Pro deleting large chunks of my sequence at random. I would say about 50% total. It doesn't do it to all my sequences so I can go back and rebuild it pretty quickly (however it does sometimes do it to another sequence I'm not even working in). I am afraid of how often its happening and why it's happening at all. I'll just be tweaking one clip and I'll pull out to see the whole project and half of it will be gone. It happens at random, and it's very weird and terrifying.

Has this happened to anybody else? Does anybody have an idea on why it is happening so I can avoid it. I would really hate to lose 50% of my film for no reason.

I'm saving like crazy but disasters can still happen and I would love to avoid panic.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Premiere Pro deleting footage from sequence
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:32:40 pm

Christine, I haven't seen this issue, but it sounds horrible. Are you saying that things are missing from your sequences after you save and re-open?

Data loss is unacceptable and I would highly encourage you to file a bug report [link].

[Christine Parker] "I'm saving like crazy but disasters can still happen and I would love to avoid panic."

Having just one copy of your Premiere project file is like putting all your eggs in one basket.

I would encourage you to use Premiere's autosave feature [link]. By default, it auto-saves every 15 minutes and keeps the last 5 project copies, which means that your auto-save may only go an hour and fifteen minutes back. I keep quite a few more copies of my project than 5 for longer history; this protects me better against anything I do wrong that I may not notice right away.

You might also choose to make manual versions/backup copies of your .prproj file at key junctures.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved