ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

IP Address and Media Browser

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim ParsonsIP Address and Media Browser
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 5:14:45 pm

My colleagues and I all have access to shared storage through the EVO Share Browser. we have this shared network storage mapped to Windows explorer. All of us have the storage mapped to the same drive letter.

When we import anything into Premiere Pro CC using the normal "import" dialogue, it imports using the normal file path with the drive letter. When we import anything through Media Browser (which has better import features that we need), it imports media using our individual workstation IP addresses in the file path of the media.

This is a huge problem, since we open each other's project files. When person A creates a project, it saves looking at a specific IP address associated with all media (not the drive letter, if imported through Media Browser). When person B opens that same project file, all the media is offline, since his workstation has a different IP address (even thought he shared storage is mapped to the same drive letter). If person B relinks and saves, person A then has to relink when he accesses the project file again.

So my question is, is it possible to get Premiere to look at the network drive letter only, instead of the IP address?

Return to posts index

Jake AbramsonRe: IP Address and Media Browser
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 10:25:50 pm

Are you mapping to a windows drive letter or are you mapping via url (\\mycomputer\videoshare\).

If it's to a drive letter, I would think it should work as just that, a drive letter...and as long as everyone uses the same drive letters, no problem. If not, I wonder if it is a Media Browser issue.

Return to posts index

Tim ParsonsRe: IP Address and Media Browser
by on Dec 8, 2014 at 2:20:27 pm

It appears to be doing both, somehow. I'm using EVO ShareBrowser.

This is what I see when I click "mount."

I think each access port on the physical server has its own IP address, so even if we map to a drive letter, it has an associated IP address as well.

I'm not very tech savvy, so I'm not sure what information is helpful, or if my assessment of things is completely accurate.

We called EVO support, but they are in the dark about it, which is why we think it's either a windows setting or an Adobe setting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved