ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

avc video- (.mts file format) video files - viewing timecode in Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dreweavc video- (.mts file format) video files - viewing timecode in Premiere?
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 12:49:09 am

So anyone that is familiar with cameras that record avc video to .mts file formats will understand what I'm about to talk about.... so bear with me here.

I have a client that's recorded video on a Sony HDR-PJ710, which records to the .mts file format - no big deal, I've worked with that a lot and I know Premiere handles it without issue. And those that are familiar with those types of cameras and others that record to that format would know the folder structure it creates on SD cards... Private/BDMV/Stream etc...

What I'm trying to find out is that the CLIPINFO folder, which I *think* houses the timecode data, can be added or viewed on top of the .mts video in Premiere Pro? My client is asking if the video they shot can have the timecode added onto it after the alterations (which have been done already), but it was a question that I wasn't 100% sure on the answer on. All I know for sure is that the timecode data is NOT hardcoded onto the video file itself, but rather seems to be stored in another file. Is there a way I can import this info into Premiere Pro and add it onto the appropriate clips? Does anyone have experience with this?

I'd try it to myself but I don't have the original SD cards - just the mts files now. I really just want to know if it's possible to view the timecode info in Premiere so I can tell the client and re-acquire the original SDs to do the syncing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved