ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Autosave not working!! This is something that should just not happen.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory DavidAutosave not working!! This is something that should just not happen.
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 4:08:22 pm

This is the sort of thing that has me getting up and running on Final Cut X. Sat down this am and edited for hour and a half. I have been keeping all apps closed because of the other issues I am experiencing with Pr, but I opened mail as my phone let me know I had a slew of emails coming in. When I returned to Pr I found that it had reverted by itself to a few minutes after I had started working, IN SPITE of having done a manual save at least 4 times. AND.... you guessed it. The last autosave was yesterday. What The F---!!!
This is like the good old days with Avid in the late 80's.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Autosave not working!! This is something that should just not happen.
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 5:59:04 pm

I never trust auto save.
I regular make a Save a copy to another drive.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Tom CooperRe: Autosave not working!! This is something that should just not happen.
by on Nov 17, 2014 at 11:53:18 am

One of the most common problems appears to be that when you manually save it resets the autosave countdown. So if you have your autosave set to 10 minutes and manually save every 5 minutes you will never get an autosave. Then if your main project file gets corrupted or crashes during saving you have to revert back to the last auto save which could be a long time ago.

To get round this we put our project files in a Dropbox folder. Every time you manually save it is uploaded to Dropbox. On the Dropbox website you can view old saves of a file, so it's effectively like an online auto save.

Return to posts index

Gregory DavidRe: Autosave not working!! This is something that should just not happen.
by on Nov 17, 2014 at 1:23:51 pm

Oh my God, Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]