ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Why can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis RoeslerWhy can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?
by on Nov 11, 2014 at 11:45:14 pm

As you can see in this video, the previous method of making things larger or smaller doesn't work.

What in God's name is going on?

Here's the video URL:

https://fightsmartcloud.s3.amazonaws.com/cantresizeimage.mp4

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Why can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 12:52:47 am
Last Edited By Steve Brame on Nov 12, 2014 at 1:27:40 am

Instead of double-clicking the image on the timeline, try single clicking - then try to resize in the Effects Control. When you double-click on the clip in the Timeline, you open it's source in the Source Monitor, and take the focus off of the instance showing in the Program Monitor, so Premiere thinks you want to resize the image in the Source Monitor, which it can't resize, so nothing happens. Single-clicking keeps the focus on the instance in the Program Monitor.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Why can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 11:22:40 am

Hi Travis,

One thing to perhaps do to save you time would be to right click and 'scale to frame size'

When you double click, you are loading the clip into the source monitor. When you single click on the timeline, you can then use the ECP to affect parameters like scale.

In your example, you can also double click in the program monitor to scale in real-time directly in the program window.

Hope this helps,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Robert d'AlexisRe: Why can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 1:24:45 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "you can also double click in the program monitor to scale in real-time directly in the program window."

Just don't forget to park the timeline CTI/playhead on the clip prior to double clicking.

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Why can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 8:09:49 pm

Hi Travis,
I can't repeat this behavior on my Mac. Can you try resetting preferences? Restart Premiere Pro with the Shift key held down.

If this still doesn't work, try it with a brand new project.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Why can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 8:16:04 pm

Kevin, it happens on my PC. It's the double-click that causes it.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Samuel KassisRe: Why can't I resize anything in premiere pro anymore?
by on May 26, 2016 at 1:10:26 am

ANSWER: to resize a clip make sure you are double clicking in the PROGRAM: window. if you are unsure where it is, just go to the pulldown menu WINDOW > PROGRAM MONITOR and you'll be in business.

EXTRA INFO:
very different things happen when you double click other things. for example...

--if you double-click the clip in the TIMELINE, it opens the source window in the upper left of your screen (or makes it active if it's already open).

--if you double click in the REFERENCE: monitor window, NOTHING HAPPENS. this happened to me--oh great a worthless window--what is a stupid reference monitor window? you find it by going to the pull-down menu WINDOW > REFERENCE MONITOR. just close that window if you are trying to resize your clip. the reference monitor is a mirrow window to the PROGRAM MONITOR, that you can link or unlink to each other for color comparisons, or for evaluating the clip with scopes. find out more about the reference monitor window by Colin from Adobe...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]