ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro audio dub workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Johnstone
Premiere Pro audio dub workflow
on Nov 11, 2014 at 10:56:30 am

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to output audio form Premier Pro for an audio dub. In FCP7 I was able to send an OMF file to the sound designer to do a bit of knob tiwddling on, but I confess I simpy do not know what the workflow for PP should be.

I have a very simple 4/5 track audio edit to do on a documentary project, which I know I can actually do in PP itself, but I am not an audio genius (I never know which filter to use and how to use it) and I have not really figured out how to the the audio mixer in PP very well. In FCP the audio mixer does a live mix on each track, but in PP I think you need to select various options to create a live mix scenario and to me the process is just a little more clunky.

"Why are you using PP then?" Well it has just been sort of thrust on me since FCP7 was pulled and I am just trying to use PP on all material that does not need to be cut on FCP7 (which I still use all the time BTW...).

Thanks for any help.

Andy Johnstone
Wild Dog Limited
film & multimedia production
http://www.wilddogworld.com

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: Premiere Pro audio dub workflow
on Nov 12, 2014 at 7:20:27 pm

Premiere has OMF export if you are on CC2014.

Other option, round trip your audio to Audition and export the stems to send to your sound designer. Just put in some tone on the front end to have a consistent marker you can re-sync up when you get tracks back.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Andrew Johnstone
Re: Premiere Pro audio dub workflow
on Nov 17, 2014 at 4:03:30 pm

Thanks Andy,

Yes I found the OMF Export tool and that all worked pretty well.

The main issue for me is knowing what knobs to press in Audition and which filters work best for what. It was just easier to give the work to our local audio studio to mix down for me!

Andy

Andy Johnstone
Wild Dog Limited
film & multimedia production
http://www.wilddogworld.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]