ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Project corrupted. Any ideas?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Project corrupted. Any ideas?
on Nov 7, 2014 at 7:03:42 pm

Yesterday after an entire day of editing, I had a project crash and now I'm unable to get back into it. The Auto-Save file has the same problem, and won't let me open it either.

When I try to open the project I get this error - "An unknown error occurred while opening the project"

I purchased the 'Project Repair' app from Digital Rebellion and tried that, but that didn't work either. Though it did change the error message that I get to this. -- "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements."

The third party plugins that are installed and were applied in the project somewhere are Red Giant Colorista, Coremelt Lock & Load, and Genarts Sapphire.

Anyone have any thoughts of things to try and rescue this thing. Big bummer to have the entire edit day down the drain. I'm a bit surprised that this is even possible to happen, with the redundancy of the Auto-Save files as well. Makes me wonder what is a better way to save my butt next time. This has literally never happened to me with Premiere, where the project AND the Auto-Save were just broken.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Project corrupted. Any ideas?
on Nov 7, 2014 at 7:34:35 pm

Create a New Project and try to Import your Sequence from the other project.

Hope this helps, hate to see anyone lose their work!

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Nov 7, 2014 at 7:41:54 pm

Ah yes, should have mentioned that I tried all manner of that strategy as well.

Have tried importing the Entire Project into a New Project and it says "The importer reported a generic error."

When I try to import just a sequence, it brings up the dialogue where it will display the sequences, but when loading the sequences it just hangs at halfway.

I've also tried bringing it in via the Media Browser, and same thing, the status bar just hangs mid way.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 7, 2014 at 9:00:13 pm

Plugins have been a nightmare for many since 2014 was released. Try removing all plugins from the Plugins folder, and then try to open the project. Of course if it opens, you'll get the 'plugins missing' warning, but at least you'll know that a plugin is causing the problem. Then add the plugins back one at a time to find the offending one.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Nov 7, 2014 at 9:10:37 pm

Where are the plugins in CC 2014?

Looking in Library>Application Support>Adobe>Common>Plugins>7.0>Media Core

Nothing is in there. Made sure I'm not looking in the User Library folder as well.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 7, 2014 at 9:25:17 pm

Not sure on a Mac, but the Adobe>Common>Plugins>7.0>Media Core folder is where they are on Windows.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Nov 7, 2014 at 9:30:56 pm

It's weird, mine is empty... though there are definitely plugins installed...

Return to posts index

Oki Pienandoro
on Nov 10, 2014 at 4:36:00 am

Common|MediaCore folder is where the same plugin is used interchangeably between AME, AE and Premiere. You have to check in Premiere Plugin folder.
I'm on PC, can't help you with that.
Try to look a plugin folder in Premiere, might as well in AE folder as well (just in case you use AE-Premiere dynamic link)

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Guclu Koseli
on Oct 9, 2015 at 7:59:24 pm

Recently I had the same problem, after a crash I couldn't open my premire file. Project file was in an external hard drive. I have just restarted the hard drive and it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]