ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro & Pluraleyes - Edit Original Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Fleming
Premiere Pro & Pluraleyes - Edit Original Audio
on Nov 3, 2014 at 12:20:58 pm

Hey there,

So I'm currently working on a project using Premiere Pro CS6 for Mac. I shot a interview scene from several different angles (Just used one camera and did the scene a couple of times) and used a Lav mic to record the audio separately.

When bringing into Premiere I used software called Pluraleyes. Worked amazing! Synced up the audio and video perfectly in seconds.

The problem is, after cutting and splicing the clips together, I now want to remove some background wind noise from my audio clip. It seems like I can edit the clips with Audition, but that would mean I would have to edit every clip. I tried editing the original audio file but that doesn't seem to update all the clips with the updated audio.

Is there a better way to edit the audio rather than editing each clip individually?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Moore
Re: Premiere Pro & Pluraleyes - Edit Original Audio
on Nov 4, 2014 at 1:53:26 pm

Honestly I have the same question, so am replying to hear what others say!

Return to posts index

Matt Trubac
Re: Premiere Pro & Pluraleyes - Edit Original Audio
on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:56:44 pm

I would make a copy of the original audio file on your hard drive. Open the copy in audition. Do your edit, but don't change the length from the original. Otherwise your ins and outs won't match up after performing the next step inside premiere. Save inside audition. Jump back to premiere and find the master clip for your audio in your project panel. To make sure select one of the audio clips in the timeline, right click > reveal in project. Right click the master clip in the project > make offline. Leave the original clip on the disk for now just in case you want to go back. Then reconnect your offline clip to the new edited audio file. Your timeline clips will now all reference the projects master clip which now references your edited audio file. Not in front of premiere at the moment so my right click context menu commands may not be the exact wording used in premiere but I'm close.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]