ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can't get GeForce GTX 560 Ti card CUDA to work with new Premiere Pro CC 2014 version

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kendall
Can't get GeForce GTX 560 Ti card CUDA to work with new Premiere Pro CC 2014 version
on Oct 20, 2014 at 2:10:46 pm

In the past I've been able to get CUDA on my GeForce GTX 560 Ti card to work with Mercury Playback engine by adding "GeForce GTX 560 Ti" to the cuda_supported_cards.txt file. But with the new CC 2014 version of Premiere, that file isn't in the Premiere Pro directory anymore. Is there a way to get my GTX 560 Ti to be listed as a CUDA-supported card with CC 2014?

Return to posts index

Sean Kendall
Re: Can't get GeForce GTX 560 Ti card CUDA to work with new Premiere Pro CC 2014 version
on Oct 20, 2014 at 4:04:51 pm

Okay, I figured it out. I installed the latest graphics driver and then opened the NVIDIA control panel. In there I selected "Manage 3D settings" and went to the "program settings" tab. I selected Adobe Premiere (adobe premiere pro.exe) from the list and under the "CUDA - GPUs" feature, I changed it to "Use these GPUs" and selected my GTX 560 Ti (which was the only one listed).

After doing that, I opened Premiere Pro CC 2014 and selected "Project Settings - General" and was then able to choose "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration" under Renderer (which had previously been unavailable).

Hopefully this will help someone else if they encounter the same problem.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Can't get GeForce GTX 560 Ti card CUDA to work with new Premiere Pro CC 2014 version
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:08:55 pm

Thanks for posting your solution, Shaun.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:35:24 pm

Yes, Shaun. Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Chris Faber
on May 23, 2015 at 11:24:13 pm

Hey Kevin,

How about on the Mac? There is no such tab in the Cuda Preference Pane. I've got a GTX 770 that used to work with a previous version of CC, and now no. Do you know a way to do it?

Chris Faber
Faber Productions
http://www.faberproductions.com

Return to posts index

Chris Faber
on May 24, 2015 at 12:09:37 am

So, crazily, I just solved this problem for myself. Go back to 8.0 of premiere pro, the supported card txt file returns; you can put your card on the list, and it gives you Cuda GPU acceleration.

Now get this: install the latest After Effects 2014 -- and it works, ray-tracing and all. This is under Preferences/Previews/GPU information. It now gives you "GPU unsupported" option, and lets you "enable untested" cards. Before going back one version on Premiere, this wasn't happening, at least on my machine. I'm using the most CUDA (7.0.36)

Hope this helps.

Chris Faber
Faber Productions
http://www.faberproductions.com

Return to posts index

dan leow
on Oct 27, 2014 at 12:50:01 pm

Thanks Shaun.
Just recently upgraded to CC 2014 and had the same issues with my 560ti card.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Return to posts index

Barnaby Fredric
on Jan 26, 2015 at 5:46:32 am

Thankyou for actually following through and answering the question. Thought I'd let you know you have greatly helped me and probably many others with the same card! A real treat to find the actual solution so quickly!

Return to posts index

Pavlos Etostone
on Feb 6, 2015 at 9:58:39 am

I was a lucky one that in win 8.1 pro and premiere cc 2014 8.10
all these were pre fixed. And all worked like a charm.
Your solution was a very nice one as well.

But I have to say that , after running GPU-Z to see the load of the GPU which is a geforce gtx 970 , it was only to 1 or 2 percent while editing in Premiere ! so low.
I think the GPU is not really used even if the mercury is GPU accelerated selected.

Any solution to see a 90 % of my GPU load with premiere ?
Some say to download the Cuda toolkit from Nvidia site. I am not sure if that will work.

Thank you in advance.
Pavlos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]