ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can a production display receive signal while the Premiere Program panel is closed?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Townley
Can a production display receive signal while the Premiere Program panel is closed?
on Oct 10, 2014 at 4:22:31 pm

I'm running the latest version of Premiere (8.1) on a MacPro. I have a BMD Ultra Studio Mini Monitor connected via Thunderbolt going to a production monitor, as well as 2 display port displays as the OS displays. In most of my window layout configurations I have the Premiere Program window visible somewhere on screen, even if it's just small.

This morning I wanted to have my timeline panel fill an entire display so I can see more tracks. As soon as I close the Program panel in Premiere it kills the feed to the production monitor.

Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere to route the signal to it even with the Program panel closed? I can't imagine this is a unique scenario.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Can a production display receive signal while the Premiere Program panel is closed?
on Oct 10, 2014 at 5:26:25 pm

Why close the program panel? stick it as a tab with the timelines or undock it and stick it behind the window (it should do this on Mac I think) or just put it nearly off screen in the corner.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Can a production display receive signal while the Premiere Program panel is closed?
on Oct 10, 2014 at 5:32:48 pm

If you have it docked in a panel and it's not the active tab, as soon as you play the timeline it brings itself up as the active tab in that panel. It's really quite annoying.

Yes, I can make it as small as possible or just drag it up so that it's not really showing (which is my current work around), but this still uses space and creates clutter. For a type A person like myself it seems like there should be a better solution. I could be wrong, but it also seems like it is using unnecessary resources to play it when I don't need it to.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Oct 10, 2014 at 10:41:15 pm

I don't know why I didn't think about this sooner, but I just solved my own problem.

If you use the maximize frame option (the ~ key) on the Timeline, it will expand that frame to fill the screen and still treat the Program window, which is no longer visible, as being open and send video to the external production monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]