ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

[RESOLVED] Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks ceased to work after updating PP to 2014.1 !!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JonZ MarZ
[RESOLVED] Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks ceased to work after updating PP to 2014.1 !!!!
on Oct 8, 2014 at 5:06:08 am
Last Edited By JonZ MarZ on Oct 9, 2014 at 12:07:40 am

I just upgraded Premiere Pro to 2014.1 on PC and now Magic Bullet Looks has ceased to work. It was working fine before the update. Now it missing in my effects list. When I open project that has it, it says Video Filter missing: AE.MB LookSuite3. Every other effects I had with Red Giant Color suite are working but not MBL.

I tried all this:
Uninstall MBL.
Uninstall Red Giant suites
updated Color Suite and MBL to the very last version directly from their sites.
moved all the filters in the common folders manually

nothing works.
Is it a bug that I'm alone to have or it a common bug that everyone have?

Edit: I fixed my problem, see Todd's solution below with the shift key trick.

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
Re: Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks ceased to work after updating PP to 2014.1 !!!!
on Oct 8, 2014 at 3:34:11 pm

Good to know I'm not the only one! This is the only information I've seen about it. I'll open a ticket with Red Giant and send out some info to the twitterverse. That worked well last time.

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
Re: Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks ceased to work after updating PP to 2014.1 !!!!
on Oct 8, 2014 at 5:07:09 pm

Just checked. Works fine on my Windows 8.1 system.
Dual 8-core Xeons
64 GB of RAM
Quadro 5000

Return to posts index

Steven Pritchard
on Oct 8, 2014 at 7:39:08 pm

You're not alone. Had me to the list. I have notified Red Giant but have had no response as yet.

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
on Oct 8, 2014 at 8:39:57 pm

I just heard back from Red Giant and they gave me this advice (see below). That didn't work for me. I did notice, however, when I opened a project that they were listed as missing, plus the "push" transition from filmimpact. Totally random. The Magic Bullet Color Suite folder isn't even in Premiere anymore. All is present and accounted for in After Effects, the problem is Premiere only for me.

Here's the response from Red Giant. I followed up with them, now waiting to hear back more:

I've heard this happening to a number of different people when updating. I believe that this may be a Premiere caching issue. To recreate the plugin cache, hold down the Shift key before you start Premiere Pro. Keep the Shift key held down until you have opened your project.
This will force Premiere Pro to reload the information for all plugins, where it may be currently corrupted or missing data. Does this help get Looks back online? If not, does it show up in After Effects or is it also offline in After Effects? If it does show up in After Effects, do you have Universe installed?
Kind regards,
Brett C
Customer Advocate

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZ
on Oct 9, 2014 at 12:05:57 am

Thanks for that tip Todd!. I didn't know about the shift key trick. And it worked!

Not entirely worked, BUT it has kind of made reset my pluggin installation. I still couldn't made MBL working, but I noticed that an entire range of Red Giant pluggins were missing after the shift trick. So I uninstalled again the Red Giant suit, and reinstalled it.

And it work now! I can now load my project without missing pluggin errors!

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
Not resolved for me
on Oct 9, 2014 at 4:09:14 pm

I heard back from Red Giant. I uninstalled completely using Revo Uninstaller, reinstalled Color Suite fresh and it still won't work. It's even in the plugins folder!
I'm just getting pissed now.
I don't think it's a Red Giant issue, I think it's a PPro issue.
Gaaaaah!

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
After Effects CC
Cinema 4d r14

Return to posts index

Thomas Kog
Re: Not resolved for me
on Oct 9, 2014 at 4:34:28 pm

Hi !

after a very hard day trying to fix the same Problem, i finally solved it for me.

what i did:
tryed the shift - trick - did'nt worked.
uninstalled and installed - did'nt worked.
removed all plugins except Looks - did'nt worked.. and tried a lot other stuff.

then i copied my hole plugins Folder from my second Computer (updated there as well - and there it worked) and after that it worked on my main Computer.

i thought - there is one plugin who makes Troubles and removed/added plugins.

and after i copied an older Version from Red Gate Mojo from my Laptop to my Computer - everything worked. After that i copied back my current Version of mojo - and every file was the same then before - except now all plugins are availible !

1 note: also a few plugins from misfire and mojo/Cosmo was also hidden.

I hope that this will help anybody. so there is really something strange in the Caching mechanism of premiere - so try to move and copy some files arround and that you don't have to waste so much time then i did.

thomas

Return to posts index

Michael Weinman
Re: Not resolved for me
on Jan 22, 2016 at 8:02:18 pm

Where did you place the the folder that you copied from your old Mac to your new Mac?
I'm trying to figure out where the misfire plugins live on my new install as red giant install didn't create the same plugins folder in my library.
I put the folder there hoping it would read it but didn't. So wondering where you place to get AE to read?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Morten Telling
Re: [RESOLVED] Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks ceased to work after updating PP to 2014.1 !!!!
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:15:58 am

I am experiencing the excact same issue.
Have tried the shift trick with no luck.
Have tried reinstalling Premiere Pro 2014, have removed folders with plugins as suggested - resulted in PPro not even wanna start.

I have used the Colorsuite and Premiere Pro for years now, and everytime there is an update from Adobe, there is issues with some of the Red Giant plugins. Especially Looks is making trouble all the time. Evertime I have to use ½-1 day resolving the issue wich is very frustrating - especially now Adobe has gone CC and updating happens more frequently.
So please - Red Giant and Adobe - help each other getting these issues solved BEFORE any of you updates anything. I am very frustrated - having a deadline and things not working as they should.

:-(
Morten

Return to posts index

Morten Telling
Re: [RESOLVED] Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks ceased to work after updating PP to 2014.1 !!!!
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:47:30 am

Hi again

I finaly solved this issue.
Have tried the shift-key-trick with no luck. I did what Brett from Red Giant wrote to me - look at all the steps underneath.

I found out that the Filmimpact plugin was making this issue for me. I had two folder in the MediaCore folder - one named Filmimpact and another named Filmimpact.net. I managed to start up Premiere Pro and a project with no errors after removing the Filmimpact.net folder. So in my case, the isse was not Red Giant or Prmeire but a third plugin - meessing up with Adobe end Red Giant. So if you face this issue - try to move or renamed any otgher plugins in the MediaCore folder and start Premiere Pro with the Shift key pushed down and see if that does the trick ;-)

• Close all intensive programs, namely Premiere, After Effects, etc.
• Back-up and remove the contents of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\. You can do this by temporarily moving whatever files are there to another location on your drive or compressing them into a folder for access later.
• Back-up and remove the contents of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere CC\Plug-ins, same as above, you can temporarily move them elsewhere or compress them into another folder. Keep both of these back-ups accessible (with CC 2014, the folder will have the same label, but with 2014 suffixed).
• Re-launch Premiere with your Shift key held down until the Adobe splash screen disappears. This will re-build your registry and plugin cache to ensure Premiere's being given a fresh start, which should clear out the flags that were keeping our plugins from loading into Premiere.
• Close Premiere, we're about to start putting the plugins back in, and Premiere shouldn't be open when that happens since it's installing files into that program.
• From your MediaCore folder backup, put one of problematic plugin files back in the original location. This step will help ensure it's the registry that's causing the problem; if Premiere still doesn't load the plugin when it's the only thing in the MediaCore folder, let me know and we'll troubleshoot from there.
• Re-launch Premiere and check that the plugin is present. Make sure you're looking in the right location, and don't use the search feature within Premiere to find it.
• Close Premiere, and select another plugin file to move back into its original location. This is where things get cumbersome; you'll need to move the plugins back into their old location one at a time. Don't move more than two plugin files before heading to the next step.
• Re-launch Premiere after putting back each individual plugin, not only to check that the plugin file you moved can now load, but also to set a flag in the registry that'll ensure the plugin loads in subsequent launches.
• Repeat until all of our plugins are installed. So you'll replace a plugin, launch Premiere, check that it's there, close premiere, and install another plugin. If you have a lot of plugins and this getting to be too much of a chore, you may be able to move in more than one at a time to cut down on the process, but I wouldn't push it.
• Repeat until all plugins have been brought back into the program and are loading successfully. If, at any point, loading a specific third party plugin (other than ours) causes the problem to come back or for plugins to get kicked out of Premiere, you'll need to contact that third party developer for assistance with that, as it may be an incompatibility issue on their end that they'll need to address.

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
on Oct 14, 2014 at 7:55:57 pm

Ha, I was just about to get on here and copy what Brett wrote to me (same as you).
This also solved my problem.
Now, on to AJA Kona issues....

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
After Effects CC
Cinema 4d r14

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 7, 2014 at 10:46:06 pm

I had also found out that FilmImpact plugins were preventing some Red Giant plugins from loading, and even narrowed it down to which specific FilmImpact plugins were causing it. I sent a support request to FilmImpact with the information, and they attempted to test with free versions of MBLooks and Colorista, but showed no incompatibility, and having heard of no one else having the issue, wrote it off as a machine specific problem. Clearing the plugin cache on startup had never solved the problem, only re-installing PPro hen all plugins would get me working again, but the issue would eventually reappear, sometimes a month or two afterward.

At any rate, it does seem to be an incompatibility between the two sets of plugins - now which one is to blame is something for those vendors to hash out, but neither seems interested.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Morten Telling
on Nov 8, 2014 at 10:15:12 am

Have you tried uninstalling Filmimpact plugins and reinstalling the latest versions? It helped me...and now its working. I agree it is very frustrating to experience all these issues everytime Asobe comes with one of their frequent updates for Premiere. Everytime Magic Bullet plugins and others have issues - crashes Premiere Pro or goes black or something. It seems like these folks do not speak to each other at all...and try to solve issues BEFORE they ship a new update.

/Morten

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 8, 2014 at 11:29:52 am

Yes, actually that had worked for me once. Then the problem crept back in at some point.

It was a little disconcerting when the folks at FilmImpact told me that they had downloaded a trial of Red Giant's Color Suite to run their test with. This indicates that they had never tested compatibility with those plugins before they had released theirs. I guess there could be all sorts of cases explaining why a plugin vendor can't be expected to determine compatibility, and of course there's also the inevitable that they could simply blame the problem on another plugin - not theirs.

But in the end, we're the ones to suffer.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Jaap Boerhof
on Nov 19, 2014 at 10:14:56 am

Hi Folks,

This seems to solve the issue:

1. Open the Registry Editor (RegEdit.exe)
2. Find the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\8.0\PluginCache.64\en_US" ('en_US' indicates your language, could be different for you)
3. Locate the problematic plugin in the list.
This plugin will likely have this attribute "Ignore"=dword:00000001"
4. Set it to "Ignore"=dword:00000000"
5. Restart Premiere.

I've noticed the issue may come back when either a new version of Premiere comes out or you reset the Plugin Loading Cache by holding Shift when launching Premiere Pro. So if the problem comes back on a frequent basis, you may want to setup a .Reg file (eg. "fix_it_for_me.reg") that contains lines like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\8.0\PluginCache.64\en_US\Looks3_64.aex]

"Ignore"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\8.0\PluginCache.64\en_US\Colorista_II_x64.aex]

"Ignore"=dword:00000000

The lines above will fix MB Looks and Colorista II. Of course you can add any plugin to this that is causing an issue not to be recognized.
To apply the fix just right click the file and select: "Merge"
It will set all the "Ignore" lines to values you want them to be and will definitely speed up the procedure.

This worked for me. I hope it works for you!

Return to posts index

tom edwards
on Dec 22, 2014 at 9:54:38 pm

Jaap Boerhof's fix worked for me.

Return to posts index

Gene Weglarz
on Apr 21, 2016 at 5:43:23 pm

Exported the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\8.0\PluginCache.64\en_US" branch. Opened the file and highlighted the Red Giant keys that weren't showing up and replaced "Ignore"=dword:00000001 with "Ignore"=dword:00000000 for the selected text. Did this for all Red Giant plugins; Looks, Cosmo, Universe, etc. Then imported file back into registry and now they all show up.

G. Weglarz

MSI Intel I7 5960X 16 Core @ 4.4GHz; 32GB Ram;
NVidia GTX 780ti; 60TB storage; Four Asus 27" monitors

Adobe CC 2015
Cinema 4D R16

Return to posts index

Oscar Obians
on Sep 1, 2016 at 9:36:23 pm

Thank you so much. It worked. Had the same issue with magic bullet looks in premiere pro 2015.4 update.

Return to posts index

Stephen Pickering
on May 31, 2017 at 1:31:51 am

I know this is a REALLY old thread, but just wanted to thank you for the solution. I had a bunch of Red Giant Universe effects and transitions that suddenly disappeared. Spent 3 hours uninstalling, moving, renaming, etc. before I found the hint at the registry edit. Because every Universe effect was missing, I exported the branch, renamed in Notepad, imported back into regedit, exited regedit, and opened PrPro CC2017. It works!

Return to posts index

ersagun demirel
on Nov 8, 2016 at 1:41:06 pm

This solution never gets older. You can always try when you have new version of program or plug-in

Return to posts index

Donald Tong
on May 26, 2015 at 3:00:08 am

EASY SOLUTION

Just have to go Program file > Adobe > Common > Plug - ins > CS6 > MediaCore > and just copy any software to CC plug-in folder.

It works for me, tell me whether if this works for you as well.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Jackowski
on Aug 16, 2017 at 12:42:50 pm

Mabye this topic is a little bit out of date, but i had same problem now, and this solution worked just fine. Ive just copied plugin from Program files/adobe/common and paste it to the CC directory, but didnt delete it from previous dir. Ive louch premiere and error has occurred, that MB didnt run properly, so ive deleted plugin from CC directory and now its working fine from previous directory. So victory! Its working again. Sorry, for my bad english skills, but i hope it will help somebody elese with this annoying problem. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]