ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere to Media Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vasco daNeva
Premiere to Media Encoder
on Aug 28, 2014 at 2:50:58 pm

Does the timeline need to be rendered prior to being encoded by Media Encoder? I have finished a project in PPro (CS6) and added Denoiser II to all the clips (old VHS footage digitalized). Now my computer's been having a disc problem (lots of bad sectors) and I need to change the hard drive but I don't want to do it before I complete the present project. Denoiser gives it a really bad time when rendering. If I could encode the timeline without rendering I'd save myself days of manual labor. After encoding I'll go to Encore to make a DVD. Please advise.

Return to posts index

Lloyd Plueschow
Re: Premiere to Media Encoder
on Aug 28, 2014 at 4:04:52 pm

According to the manual - no. Rendering only allows the video to display smoothly on the monitor. When you send the project to Media Encoder it works indepenantly.

Return to posts index

Vasco daNeva
on Aug 28, 2014 at 5:43:26 pm

Thank you, Lloyd

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Aug 29, 2014 at 2:22:22 pm

Hi Vasco,

While there is no need to "render" the timeline prior to export, please note that if the clips with DeNoiser II will take 10 hours to render in Premiere, they will still take 10 hours to render using "Export". No getting away from that unfortunately.

The benefit of letting Export do the render is that you are cutting out the "middle man" - the final result is rendered direct from the original source clips for best quality.

If you first render the timeline clips to green, then in export choose "Use Previews", you are using the temporary render clips and re-rendering them again, twice compressed. That can affect quality.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Vasco daNeva
on Sep 2, 2014 at 7:47:15 am

Thank you, Jeff. This is exactly what I wanted to know.
Best regards,
Vasco

Return to posts index

Richard Angle
on Sep 10, 2014 at 1:43:28 am

Dang Jeff! Thanks for sharing that! I never realized that a double render was going on when using previews was enabled. Why on Earth, I wonder, is it even an option?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]