ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Timecode/Sync issues with C300 Footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Addeh
Premiere Pro Timecode/Sync issues with C300 Footage
on Aug 21, 2014 at 1:53:11 pm

Hey all,

I've been having this problem very often with projects as of late. With both CC and CS6 versions of Premiere Pro. This sometimes happens when moving projects over different computers, but it can also happen right after importing the footage.

The footage gathered from the C300 Camera (MXF Files) placed in a Premiere Pro sequence gives me a strange problem. A clip will not play from start to end as it was filmed. The start of the clip will often be footage from the middle, and around the middle will be footage of the beginning.

Example:
2-cam setup from an interview shoot. Each has 1 clip of the whole interview. After importing, I start syncing. If I move the project across computers (even if it's from mac to mac, or PC to PC) the sync messes up, and I get it 'jump-cutting' to random parts of the interview...all while still being that single .MXF footage file.

Attached a screenshot example to better explain.

Just to add, this can happen at any time but it's more likely to happen when moving projects across from computer to computer.

Curious to know if this is a setting on Premiere Pro that can be resolved, or something we have to watch out for on the C300 camera.
It's really bugging me.

Thanks in advance.
Ken

Return to posts index

danny phillips
Re: Premiere Pro Timecode/Sync issues with C300 Footage
on Aug 22, 2014 at 1:44:39 am

Hi Ken,

Sorry I don't have any advice directly but I'm very interested in any replies as I have a rather large c300 project starting in a few days (10 x 30 min. episodic). I was hoping to NOT transcode and cut native as it would kill time budget to transcode... Have you found this issue sporadically or more of a constant problem?

Cheers,
danny

Return to posts index

Ken Addeh
on Aug 22, 2014 at 2:45:38 am

Hey Danny,

we (the production studio i work for) end up transcoding on select projects that have displayed some buggy sync, but only after the problem arises. (I know, It's a gamble!)

I've found that it's sporadic. In the last 2/3 shoots there's been some slight issue, but for years it's only ever come up once before.

I'm not sure if its the way I'm capturing the footage, or importing or whatever. Have you dealt with C300 footage before or is this your first time?

Return to posts index

danny phillips
on Aug 22, 2014 at 2:52:40 am

Hey Ken,

No, this will be my first project with native c300. I've done a few very simple tests that went without issue (of course) and was looking to ingest with Prelude... Don't know if maybe that's a more robust way to build the database or not (actually just looking to learn prelude).

How are you ingesting your media?

Cheers,
danny

Return to posts index

Ken Addeh
on Aug 26, 2014 at 9:58:21 am

We've often had camera ops drop the cards off with us, we have pulled them straight off the card in the past (not using the XF utility) with no issues at all, but only in the last few months, and once maybe about 8 months ago, it's happened.
On our last shoot we pulled footage using the utility software and the audio/video sync slipped across the single footage clip, so I'm not sure where the problem stems.

I haven't managed to try it on FCP or anything, but our main office workflow is PremPro, hence posting in the PremPro forum.

Let me know how you get on with the C300 footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]