ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Question (another) about graphics cards

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Dexter
Question (another) about graphics cards
on Aug 15, 2014 at 6:11:40 pm

HI
I am looking to upgrade my desktop system. It is a six core amd fx™ -6300 processor on a pretty cheap M5a78L –M/USB3 motherboard with one pcI e 2 slot. I am installing a sdd card for system and programs and a raid 0 for media and then another dedicated drive for cache etc with drives for back ups. I will be running win 7 pro or win 8 and installing 24 gigs of memory.

Currently I run two displays and one of these is a 32” flat screen tv. The current Graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 610 (1 gig). I will be using premier/AE mostly and sometimes likely to use Magic Bullet looks.

I have looked around the web on forums and such places for info and opinions but still a bit confused on one or two points. A lot of info regarding cards specially on the manufactures sites relates to gaming performance. Something that I will never do. So…..
I was thinking of a graphics card. I don’t have a whole lot to spend and something like this is an option that I am considering, MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G Graphics card - 3 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM or the GTX 750 760 or 770. Around that price range really.

My question is as a user if I purchased such a card what performance improvement might I expect to see. Like rendering or using three monitors? I am not after full specs and comparisons just a general pointer to what noticeable difference such a card might make. Basically would that money be better spent perhaps on more ram or another sdd drive and keep my little 1gig 610 card. I won’t be dealing with much 4k footage but would like to run three monitors. What cards might be suitable ?

Thanks in advance for any tips. I have tried to keep the question simple as I know there are a lot of factors that influence such a decision. Top top whack for my budget is about £200

Cheers

Peter

We spent all the budget on doughnuts and now we have no money to make our film.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]