ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Subclips a mess

COW Forums : PluralEyes

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Steven Flynn
Premiere Pro Subclips a mess
on Jul 29, 2014 at 2:31:12 am

Can you help with this? I'm working on a series and we had xdcam footage come in that had to be synced with external multi track files. They were in a sequence run through pluraleyes, all went fine. I joined the footage and the audio together and "binned" them or merge them into different master clips. Then... and this is where it's all gone to crap... I made subclips of some of those long 28 minute interviews... but now when I use the subclip to edit, what comes out in the timeline is completely wrong. The timecode in the subclip source window is right cuz if I cut and paste that into the master clip from the merged clip it works... so am I to assume that subclipping in pr is a no no ? Any ideas would be so welcome. Thanks so much for any advice. Steve

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Premiere Pro Subclips a mess
on Jul 30, 2014 at 1:14:15 am

Hi Steven,
Creating subclips from a merged clip should be fixed in version 7.2 or later. Which version are you using?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Steven Flynn
on Jul 30, 2014 at 4:37:13 pm

Right now i'm running CC2014. Just updated it. I'm having to use the sublclips only as reference, taking the code from the sub and pasting it back into the master clips. So the code seems fine in the viewer, but putting it in timeline it's completely wrong.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jul 30, 2014 at 10:39:27 pm

Hi Steven,
I have heard of a similar issue in the past. Perhaps a bug has resurfaced. If you have time, please file a bug report: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]