ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Damaged/Corrupt ProRes in Premiere CC & 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Olsen
Damaged/Corrupt ProRes in Premiere CC & 2014
on Jul 21, 2014 at 4:21:10 pm

I've read about a similar issue here https://forums.adobe.com/message/5428310

I use DaVinci Resolve to convert our 4K Canon 1DC footage to 1080p ProRes for editing. A few days ago, in Premiere CC 7.2.2 on systems running OS X 10.7.5 and 10.8.5, the footage went offline, and upon attempting to relink, got the "Unsupported format or damaged file notification" file import error notification. This is now the case for every single file that originated from the Canon 1DC and was converted in Resolve.

After a clean install of Premiere CC and 2014 on one of the problem systems (10.8.5), the files open in CC, but not 2014, which makes me think it is just a 2014 issue, BUT although these files will open fine in Quicktime, they now will not open in FCP7 or MPEG Streamclip.

Notes:
Cleared cache & trashed prefs before clean install
Opening the file in QT and "saving" as new file seems to fix the problem, but I'm dealing with nearly 2,000 files with issue.

We use a very specific workflow here, and have been working with these files without issue for over a year in (and only in) Premiere. I could not imagine a situation in which this corruption was not caused by something within Premiere.

Will be on the phone with Adobe today and will update. I hope this isolated to our work and is not part of a larger issue but knowing Adobe I'm concerned.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]