ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Recommended NanoFlash Format

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Walton
Recommended NanoFlash Format
on Jul 15, 2014 at 10:15:23 pm

Wondering if anyone in CC land has some recommendations/experience for a job I'm doing this weekend. Cam op is using NanoFlash and has a variety of formats. Basically an on-camera delivery with some broll creating 2 pieces of varying lengths. The deliverable is flash drives and online but it's a tight turn around so considering options for speeding up what I spit out from premiere pro CC. We actually worked with this client a few months back and we shot an interlaced/MOV wrapped file that worked fine but export times were SLOW for encoding the files so considering requesting a 1080/24 or 30p as an MXF file to hopefully speed things up. Also using a faster machine so will likely help. Using a MacBook Pro 750m/32ram for this remote job. Wondering if anyone has worked with MOV versus MXF from the Nanoflash and edited in premiere and if certain formats have worked better, faster than others? Any experience or suggestions would be great!

Return to posts index

Andrew Stone
Re: Recommended NanoFlash Format
on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:47:08 pm
Last Edited By Andrew Stone on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:50:21 pm

I would counsel you to use the .mov format regardless of platform, unless you are editing in AVID and even then the MOV format is essentially NLE agnostic. One of the beauties of the nanoFlash and why I keep using it, is the files are wrapped and ready to go into any major NLE (except DaVinci Resolve on the PC - there is a plugin available that will also you to do a rewrap). They are essentially XDCAM files so you shouldn't expect any great slowdown in processing like you would if you were doing heavy processing on an H.264 based set of files.

If you have edited XDCAM-EX files or XDCAM HD files before, that is what you can expect in terms of processing performance.

If you want to work in 8 bit (or have to), the nanoFlash is excellent for a whole bunch of reasons and the recorder is flat out reliable.

-Andrew Stone
--
Steadicam & Camera Operator

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]