ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How do you use Plural Eyes?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Biewer
How do you use Plural Eyes?
on Jun 2, 2014 at 5:58:33 pm

Plural Eyes, to me, seemed like a great way to save a bunch of time, but I feel it has a big expense in that time savings...or maybe I'm missing something.

The best way to explain is with an example of how I'm using it.

I have 4 interviews and b-roll I am cutting together. Normally I bring in all of my clips, log them and make subclips out of all the good bits before starting a timeline assembly cut. This allows me to pick and choose and stay organized while I am in the creative stages of telling the story. I can utilize all of the media information and tools like comments, meta data and log notes. But now, when I sync using PE, I get a timeline full of everything synced together. Which is great, but now I have to cut everything and move it around within the timeline or set of project timelines. Seems like a good way to have a messy project file and possibly delete an important take?

Thoughts? How do you use PE? Can you make your first cut and export an XML file to PE and have it do the syncing post edits?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: How do you use Plural Eyes?
on Jun 2, 2014 at 8:46:19 pm
Last Edited By Chris Borjis on Jun 2, 2014 at 8:50:14 pm

That's how we do it here, only we use CC's built in multi-camera functions to auto sync/marry
multiple camera angles and production board audio.

Haven't needed to buy a plural eyes license, since Adobe implemented the sound sync function.

Return to posts index

Roger Matthews
on Jun 3, 2014 at 1:28:10 am

I'm dealing with this now as well, as CC's built-in seems to go crazy about 15% of the time. (I have a two camera shoot, but it stacks clips together into a 4 camera or greater group sometimes, and it's of course all from different shoots)

I'd love it if CC's worked, as nesting/multicamming a sequence from PluralEyes seems to make a single track audio nest, vs getting to see all audio tracks when using CC's sync functions.

Return to posts index

Mike Biewer
on Jun 3, 2014 at 5:16:09 am

I found that once PE gets done and brings in the new timeline to use, I can go in and pick Cam A and the main audio track and merge them into a single clip. This solves some of my issue with wanting to be able to use the functions of the bin and media manager. Of course, this was after I was 80% done going through all my stuff manually...

I'd be curious to see how it would work with the multi cam setup. I'm still in CS6. Trying real hard to not go to CC but I'm sure I'll end up there soon enough...especially as SpeedGrade gets better.

Thanks for the responses.

Return to posts index

Roger Matthews
on Jun 3, 2014 at 4:04:33 pm

My beef with the nesting approach is that you can't see all of your audio tracks. I'm used to being able to see "Lav1", "Lav2", etc and being able to strip out anything I don't want. I just don't even know what to do with one audio track for everything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]