ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Pluraleyes 3 to Premiere Pro CC error

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert MacDonald
Pluraleyes 3 to Premiere Pro CC error
on May 27, 2014 at 3:35:09 pm

I export the sequence as an xml file, new pluraleyes project from premiere cc, sync it all up, export as xml for premiere, import to premiere and the timeline is all messed up and doesn't work properly. I've atached what the timeline now looks like, two black bars at the bottom. No idea why this is happening as I've not changed any settings since it worked last.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Alexei Golob
Re: Pluraleyes 3 to Premiere Pro CC error
on May 27, 2014 at 8:04:07 pm

Having the exact same problem. Never happened before. Can't zoom into the timeline effectively. Basically corrupts the project, not fatally, but useably.

Return to posts index

Robert MacDonald
on May 28, 2014 at 9:12:59 am

No one else had this problem then? Any pointers or ideas would greatly help.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 28, 2014 at 4:21:39 pm

I don't have any suggestions (sorry) but I was wondering what are the advantages of going out to PluralEyes 3 as opposed to using the built in sync function in Premiere?

Return to posts index

Robert MacDonald
on May 28, 2014 at 8:20:19 pm

Andrew, it seems to work faster and works every time whereas the Premiere Pro CC sync function, in my experience, is unreliable

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 28, 2014 at 11:23:50 pm

[Robert MacDonald] "Andrew, it seems to work faster and works every time whereas the Premiere Pro CC sync function, in my experience, is unreliable"

Interesting. I've have so much success with the built in functionality that I just take all the dailies from the doc project I'm working on (3 cameras plus outboard audio), toss them in one bin and let PPro do it's thing. In 10 minutes or so it would chew through hundreds of clips (about 15hrs of footage) and create new sequences for all the interviews, walk and talks, etc., with 99% accuracy.

I'll have to check out PE 3 though 'cause I'm always in the market for better. ;)

Return to posts index

Robert MacDonald
on May 29, 2014 at 7:46:51 am

Andrew, do you have them synced before they are placed on the timeline then?

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 29, 2014 at 5:39:55 pm

[Robert MacDonald] "Andrew, do you have them synced before they are placed on the timeline then?"

Premiere does all the syncing. Basically I'll import all the media from a shoot into Premiere, highlight everything, select "Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence", set my synching parameters (sync using audio, etc.,) and then let Premiere do all the hard work for 10-15 minutes.

I used to pre-sort all the media (all media for Interview 1 goes in this bin, all the media for Interview 2 goes in that bin, etc.,) and have Premiere sync each segment one at a time because I was afraid the program would choke if I gave it too many clips but that doesn't seem to be a problem. I might have 6 different interviews, a walk 'n talk tour through a factory, and a bunch of broll and Premiere will happily chew through hundreds of clips and spit out a synced, multicam sequence for each interview and walk 'n talk..

Now, if an interview (or especially walk 'n talk) is long and at some point everyone stopped down then Premiere will make multiple synced sequences (one for each time the whole crew stopped & started) but it's easy enough just to copy and paste from sequence to the other so all the media is in the same timeline.

Return to posts index

Ivan Jimenez
on May 28, 2014 at 8:45:27 pm

Same problem here :(

Return to posts index

Steve DSV -- needs realname update per COW policy change
on Jun 4, 2014 at 3:36:33 pm

Again, same problem here.....

Anyone have any solution, and have RedGiant even acknowledged the issue (or for that matter Adobe!)

Return to posts index

Steve To
on Jun 4, 2014 at 6:58:21 pm

had a reply from Red Giant, they do have a few workarounds.... seems like a bug in Premiere CC xml import. Hope this helps.

http://www.redgiant.com/support/faq/product-specific/pluraleyes/423/

Return to posts index

Robert MacDonald
on Jun 24, 2014 at 9:44:47 am

That's it been fixed with the Premiere Pro CC 2014 update. Panic over.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]