ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Cinemartin Cinec Plin

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Paul
Cinemartin Cinec Plin
on Apr 21, 2014 at 10:30:54 pm

Recently bought the Plin plugin so I can export ProRes from Premiere Pro CC on my PC. Was concerned at first as I had registration issues and then could not get it to work. Contacted Marc at tech support. Not only did he interrupt his dinner preparations to help me (he is 8 hours ahead in Spain) but he remotely controlled my system, found that the problem was the way my system was, or was not, using C++, and custom modified the plugin to work on my system. Seriously, this is the first time anyone EVER did something like that for my little 1 person business. The problems with registration and running the plugin were due to trouble with my computer, not with their site or plugin, yet they made everything work for me anyway. There is a reason to support smaller companies like Cinemartin, now more than ever.

Chris Paul
POV

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: Cinemartin Cinec Plin
on Apr 22, 2014 at 7:52:23 pm

Good to hear - though I think their pro version is way too expensive for me.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Victor van Dijk
on May 10, 2014 at 8:30:50 pm

Hi Chris Paul,

I also just bought the Cinemartin Cinec Plin Pro, and am really pleased with it since it does exactly what it says. I first tried out the demo version which converts up to 10 sec. only and then completely stops converting, but still did a good job for that time.

I was looking for a plugin or tool to convert to all 'tastes' of ProRes from within Premiere Pro on a Windows 8.1 machine, being able to save into that format. And I think Cinec Plin is easy to operate and works well. I never heard of Cinemartin before, but think it's as you wrote a professional, small company that deserves our attention and also I've been given great personal service even now it's weekend.

And I don't know if this is expensive for a high end, professional conversion plugin, I've seen much more expensive ones?

Let's keep an eye on Cinemartin!

All the best,

Victor van Dijk.

Return to posts index

Paul Fairchild
on Nov 1, 2015 at 1:51:52 pm

Be very wary dealing with the company (Cinemartin) behind this plugin. We purchased (circa $600 USD) their ProRes plugin (Cinemartin Cinec PLIN) for Premiere Pro and After Effects. It did not work.

We contacted their support team and were told to re-install Windows and all our applications - an endeavour that we balked at given it would take us days. We have never had an application fail to work before.

We asked for a refund immediately but our request was refused. We argued our case - the firm stuck to their 'no refund' policy.

We argued again and they refused to listen. We're stuck with an expensive plugin (circa $600 USD) that does not work.

The experience of dealing with Cinemartin has been a huge headache and costly for us. Would we ever buy from them again? Never.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]