ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dynamic Link Quality with GPU Acceleration

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Trubac
Dynamic Link Quality with GPU Acceleration
on Apr 11, 2014 at 6:25:54 pm

I have a dynamic link comp (with transparency) that looks fine in the Source Monitor and fine in my timeline until I drop a clip under it. When I drop a clip into my timeline (5D Mark ii footage) the quality of the AE comp in semi transparent areas is terrible. I have tried both OpenCL and CUDA gpu modes. When I use software only everything looks great. Is this a bug or limitation? Is there something I can do to keep the gpu benefit?

iMac 27" (Late 2012) 3.4 GHz i7, 32GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
OSX: 10.9.2
Premiere Pro v 7.2.2
AE v 12.2.1.5
GPU Driver v 8.24.9 310.40.25f01
CUDA v 5.5.47

Here is an image to show what I'm getting:

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Dynamic Link Quality with GPU Acceleration
on Apr 15, 2014 at 4:59:23 pm

What happens if you go under Sequence settings and select Max Render Quality for Preview?

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Matt Trubac
Re: Dynamic Link Quality with GPU Acceleration
on Apr 15, 2014 at 7:41:15 pm

Thanks for your help Eric. Max Render quality didn't help. Someone in the Adobe Discussion Forum suggested to uncheck "Composite in Linear Color" in the sequence settings.

Unchecking this has resolved my issue. I am not sure what the problem is. It seems from reading a bit that linear compositing should render the best results, and that while using the GPU acceleration, compositing is always done in linear. I think the checkbox forces linear compositing in software mode, but causes a problem when using the GPU. Maybe someone who understands this better could confirm or elaborate?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]