ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC - LOSING MARKERS via Media Browser.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Clark
Premiere Pro CC - LOSING MARKERS via Media Browser.
on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:42:58 pm

Two editors are working on Premiere CC projects. Cloned drives. Virtually the same machines.

We have logged ALL the footage with markers on one machine, and when opened a duplicated project file on the second machine, SOME, not all of the clips LOSE their markers.

No real pattern we can see. At first, it was all of one folder, but it seems as if it's a few select clips as well throughout other clips.

WEIRDER STILL:
I used Media Browser to grab the clip from the other editor's project file. And when it comes in offline, it has ALL the markers. But when I replace or link the footage, THEY DISAPPEAR!

This is upsetting and I need help ASAP! The other editor is crying FCP7. Would like to avoid that!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Premiere Pro CC - LOSING MARKERS via Media Browser.
on Mar 25, 2014 at 7:44:03 pm

Are these clips all the same format?

Is the metadata traveling with the media?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Claudina Bravo
on Jan 24, 2015 at 2:08:59 pm

This happened to me as well.. What I did?.. copied SAME exact file to the location where the cloned project on HIS/HER drive is. IT NEEDS TO BE PHYSICALLY THE SAME EXACT FILE, for what you need to replace on his/her drive the file with the one you use while adding markers on YOUR drive.. Once replaced, open the copy of the "markers" project from his drive with the markers and they'll translate.
Not practical, I know.. and still an issue on CC 2014..

Return to posts index

Matt Cowan
on Mar 5, 2015 at 6:11:55 pm

I see that this is an older thread but I had the same issue and solved it with the same method above. By default Premiere stores markers with the media. Still the case but now that behavior can be disabled and markers will get stored with the project instead.

Go to Preferences -> Media, and uncheck "write clip markers to XMP"

This will take effect for future markers but unfortunately it's not retroactive to existing markers so you have to copy the media over for those.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]