ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

editing footage acquired from digital recorder at 1280_768 and editing in Adobe Premiere Pro 3

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark pigott
editing footage acquired from digital recorder at 1280_768 and editing in Adobe Premiere Pro 3
on Mar 20, 2014 at 2:05:09 pm

Is it possible to edit footage acquired at 1280 by 768 and be edited in Adobe Premiere Pro 3?
This resolution can not be changed as it is the native resolution of the recorder software.
The defaults doe PP3 are 1280 by 720 (16:9) but this is a 8% difference is aspect ratio.

I will be editing this next week and wonder if anyone has any tips to avoid aspect ratio mismatches.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: editing footage acquired from digital recorder at 1280_768 and editing in Adobe Premiere Pro 3
on Mar 20, 2014 at 2:15:46 pm

My memory of many things from 9 years ago are fading...not the least of which is how to make a custom project setting in Premiere Pro CS3 (sequence settings came along in CS4).

However, the short answer is that Premiere Pro can cut any dimension you'd like including vertical banners or whatever, you simply need to make a custom project setting for the frame rate and frame size/pixel aspect.

You would do this from the preset dialog...but the labeling has changed over time...I think the edit mode needs to be changed to..."Desktop"?...to get to the settings for custom frame sizes, etc.

I suspect that a search online would uncover some tutorial for this, but make sure it's version CS3.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

mark pigott
Re: editing footage acquired from digital recorder at 1280_768 and editing in Adobe Premiere Pro 3
on Jan 14, 2015 at 3:08:08 pm

The title should say Adobe Premiere Pro 4, not three.

And yes, you set up a desktop edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]