ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Create still frames

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Williams
Create still frames
on Mar 6, 2014 at 7:45:00 pm

Hey all!

I'm trying to find a better way to use PP CC similar to how I use FCP7 now. It involves all time remapping and freeze frames. Even timelines inside of timelines. The thing I'm looking for now is quickly inserting a still image of current playhead placement at the current playhead placement. I just found Insert Frame Hold Segment, which is just what I need. **But it doesn't grab the right frame when there is time remapping involved. And even worse when it's a precomposed timeline. In FCP7 I just hit Shift-N to create still frame, and F9 to put it in. Works every time. I'm exploring other options in NLEs because FCP7 may not work forever.

I know this is a super niche thing I'm trying to do, but I use it constantly. Thanks if you can help!

AARON

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: Create still frames
on Mar 6, 2014 at 8:38:40 pm

PP CC can do the exact same thing as FCP 7. Just hit the camera icon on the frame you need in your Preview or Program Monitor, check the box that says import frame into project, insert your frame into your sequence. If you don't see the camera icon, click the + button and ad it next to your play, stop, FWD buttons.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Create still frames
on Mar 7, 2014 at 6:39:26 pm

The shortcut for Andy's tip, Export Still Frame, is Ctrl+Shift+E (PC) or Shift+E (Mac). It doesn't work directly from the timeline, so you have to select the program panel first with Shift+4.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]