ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

ongoing aggrivation with corrupt renders over AFP network with Adobe CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
ongoing aggrivation with corrupt renders over AFP network with Adobe CC
on Jan 30, 2014 at 12:13:24 am

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/whats-new-changed-after-effects...

from Todd Kopriva's post -

We fixed a lot of bugs, and there’s no way that I could list them all here, but I do want to call out a few that are especially significant because we saw several reports of them:
After Effects was unable to render and export a QuickTime file greater than 2.15GB over certain networks. This has been fixed.

WELL - I thought this was completely resolved. I have lots of other links from Adobe stating the exact same thing. But I have assorted clients that are seeing all kinds of problems rendering over an AFP network, and NO issues using the local computer. Adobe support will sometimes say "Adobe does not support Premiere over shared storage" but this is not true, as Premiere, After Effects, etc. work perfectly fine in this environment. HOWEVER, the DAMN RENDER issues are intermittently driving me crazy. It works for some people, and does not work for others.

And NFS is not a reliable answer.

Just expressing my frustration, and not knowing how to nail this down.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
Re: ongoing aggrivation with corrupt renders over AFP network with Adobe CC
on Jan 30, 2014 at 12:30:33 am

Premiere most certainly does work with network storage and quite well I might add. Obviously we can't say that it works with ALL storage configurations as I've seen some seriously funky stuff out there, but we do expect good performance in most cases. Could you elaborate on the issues you are running in to? I've personally had much better luck with NFS than AFP, but that aside, I'd like to see if I can help you get to a much happier place.

-Tom

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 30, 2014 at 8:41:48 pm

Hi Thomas -
I appreciate your reply. Adobe used to have a 2.15 Gig file limit over an Apple AFP Network. These problems never existed with NFS (and in fact, I used NFS, as you are, to resolve these issues). But as my URL links show, Todd Kopriva from Adobe has publically stated that the 2.15 Gig file limit issues have been resolve by Adobe. And in fact MOST of my clients using a simple Apple AFP network (10gig) are having no issues at all with Adobe CC. BUT SOME ARE - and only with Apple AFP. I have seen this now 4 times (4 different clients) - switch to NFS - no problems. The solution is NOT "well, just use NFS". That is B. S. AFP should work, and Adobe stated that it does work (and in fact most of my clients have no issue), but SOME DO, and I have no idea of how to isolate out why, which is why I am posting this. You do a large render across the network to your shared volume, and it becomes corrupt (with these few clients) - do the same render locally, and NO ISSUE. Only in AFP. Why ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Nord
on Jan 30, 2014 at 11:25:53 pm

I couldn't even begin to suggest a reason why you are seeing what you are seeing without first understanding what kind of corruption you get. Could you please give me more detail about the corruption? What format are you starting with? What format are you exporting to? What type of corruption is it? Will the file open in Premiere? Will it play back in Premiere?

I'm happy to help. I just need more information before I can do so.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]