ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Turn off audio in Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan McSchmidt
Turn off audio in Premiere Pro CC
on Jan 20, 2014 at 3:58:57 am

Does anyone know how I can turn off/mute the audio in Premiere Pro without it affecting exporting audio?

I click on the "M" symbol next to the track which mutes it, but if I export it like that it doesn't export the audio.

The problem is the audio is unbearably annoying while cutting the video (I listen to stuff online while I cut footage) and if I turn it off, I have to remember to turn it back on when exporting clips, which I forget occasionally.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Turn off audio in Premiere Pro CC
on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:03:51 am

[Ryan Mcmickle] "The problem is the audio is unbearably annoying while cutting the video (I listen to stuff online while I cut footage) and if I turn it off, I have to remember to turn it back on when exporting clips, which I forget occasionally. "

Well then you should maybe learn to turn the audio back on when you export? You can also turn down the master track volume but if you forget to turn that on you'll have the same problem as before.

Return to posts index

Ryan McSchmidt
on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:11:24 am

[Tero Ahlfors] "Well then you should maybe learn to turn the audio back on when you export?"

I'm kind of wondering why I would come here seeking a possible technical solution and instead I'm sort of badgered for not having a perfect memory?

The problem isn't that I don't have a perfect memory. The problem is I have to go through the process of muting and unmuting a track constantly when it would be easier to just modify a setting in Adobe. And that my friend, is why I'm here -- to see if it exists.

Thanks for the response, I guess... >_>

Return to posts index

Jacob Frandsen
on Jan 20, 2014 at 10:26:50 am

Hey

DonĀ“t think there is a way. But a nice shortcut to mute/unmute or solo/unsolo is alt+tapping M or S on the timeline track

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jacob Frandsen
Editor - BANG we shoot it

Filmbyen 23
DK-8000 Aarhus C

http://www.m2film.dk

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Jan 20, 2014 at 1:43:23 pm

The ability to output something that isn't being monitored seems pretty risky. That being said, you can always disable the audio on any clip(s) and this will give you a very noticeable visual cue on your timeline in regards to your audio. Much more in your face than the little M button.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:02:54 pm

If you work on a PC, simple fix! I use this when capturing video in Premiere, so I can watch online videos without hearing the incoming capture audio from Premiere.

Click the little "speaker" icon at lower right of Windows and that brings up the master volume slider. Click where it says "Mixer" and that should bring up multiple sliders for all audio sources (Premiere, Web Browser, etc.) and you can then mute the unwanted source from the mix.

Regards,

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:09:54 pm
Last Edited By Chris Borjis on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:10:12 pm

on the mac you can lower the system audio volume in a similar
way as jeff describes.

or if you use an external audio mixer to monitor as I do, just turn it down
all the way :)

Return to posts index

Ryan McSchmidt
on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:13:35 pm

[Jeff Pulera] "If you work on a PC, simple fix! I use this when capturing video in Premiere, so I can watch online videos without hearing the incoming capture audio from Premiere.

Click the little "speaker" icon at lower right of Windows and that brings up the master volume slider. Click where it says "Mixer" and that should bring up multiple sliders for all audio sources (Premiere, Web Browser, etc.) and you can then mute the unwanted source from the mix.

Regards,

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers"

This works perfect! Thanks so much for the fix, saves me so much hassle. Thank you! Thanks everyone else for the responses/suggestions as well.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 21, 2014 at 7:43:27 pm

[Ryan Mcmickle] "I'm kind of wondering why I would come here seeking a possible technical solution and instead I'm sort of badgered for not having a perfect memory?"

I'm not trying to put you down. If you forget things in your workflow then you should fix your workflow so you don't forget things. It's a crappy situation when you have to explain to a customer that you forgot to enable video/audio tracks in your timeline.

Return to posts index

David Willis
on Oct 11, 2018 at 3:52:16 am

There's always at least a few jackasses in every forum. I had this exact same question so thank you for asking it! It's a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do. By that guy's logic there shouldn't be a delete button or a razor tool or anything that can possibly produce unwanted results in your workflow. Which is obviously nonsense and reveals him to be an idiot, a troll or both.

Both the Shift+S and volume mixer suggestions work great for me. Thank you guys!

Return to posts index

Lorrie Cartago
on Apr 15, 2014 at 11:29:47 pm

Shift + S disables audio in the timeline and doesn't affect export settings. So no audio while scrubbing and editing just when you actually playback the video.

Return to posts index

David Novak
on Sep 1, 2015 at 4:44:03 pm

What a Great Answer! Thanks Lorrie!

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 11, 2018 at 2:34:42 pm

[Ryan McSchmidt] "The problem is the audio is unbearably annoying while cutting the video (I listen to stuff online while I cut footage)"

Just out of curiosity, what types of video are you cutting? It seems extremely rare when it's not essential to monitor timeline audio.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 12.1.2 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 12, 2018 at 2:18:54 pm

For instance, cutting six 2.5-hour dance recital videos shot with 2 cameras. Don't need to hear the music, just cutting cameras for best shots.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]