ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

efficient creation of mp4s and wmvs

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Lyons
efficient creation of mp4s and wmvs
on Jan 10, 2014 at 1:34:37 am

I'm looking for recommendations for an efficient process for the creating mp4s and wmvs from my Premiere timelines. I've been with FCP from the start, and I know my After Effects but am now only a few months into regularly using Premiere CC. My client requires these formats for review and I'd like to just queue it up and let it go; same setting each time.
PS: I have the entire Creative Cloud package - all Mac based.

-- A Proud member of the Reality Based Community since 1992.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: efficient creation of mp4s and wmvs
on Jan 10, 2014 at 2:45:43 pm

Command M - to export. Set to the format and settings you need then Save Preset so you can quickly recall it. You can also set it to upload to an FTP when it is finished for your client.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Doug Lyons
on Jan 10, 2014 at 5:29:49 pm

The real problem is the creation of WMVs from within the adobe environment. I've already created presets but to create the WMVs I have to export a movie then open in QT player 7 or Compressor . Are there any 3rd party plugins that allow you to export to WMV directly from Premiere or Media Encoder?

-- A Proud member of the Reality Based Community since 1992.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Jan 10, 2014 at 7:31:40 pm

My bad. I wasn't paying attention to the WMV part. We only have to make one or two of those a year. We still us Flip4Mac plugin for FCP. We make a QuickTime from Premiere, import it into FCP then Export using the plugin. No easy route as far as I know. Hopefully, they'll make the plugging for Premiere soon.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]