ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adding deleted audio back into sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Bercaw
Adding deleted audio back into sequence?
on Dec 10, 2013 at 5:05:22 pm

Hi everyone, I recently cut together a 3 camera shoot and learned after the fact that the audio track I used was not the master from the correct camera. So I have 3 video tracks synced and edited down, and deleted all but one audio track. Is there an easy way for me to get the audio from the correct camera back into the sequence without having to re-cut the whole thing from scratch? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Sam Lanes
Re: Adding deleted audio back into sequence?
on Dec 10, 2013 at 5:54:38 pm

If all the audio that is in the 'Master' track is all from a single source, you could simply offline the audio clip and re-link with the correct one.

You can split the audio tracks for each clip you require in the bin if require (highlight clip > select Clip > Audio Options > Extract Audio), then highlight the clip you want to replace in the bin, right click and 'Replace footage'.

You can then point to the 'extracted' version of the correct audio file and it will replace the one that is used in the sequence.

http://www.aefromscratch.com

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Dec 10, 2013 at 5:57:56 pm

Try selecting the clip in the timeline and do a Match Frame (F) - this should bring the original clip into the viewer, and give you the possibility to drag audio only to the timeline.

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Ryan Bercaw
on Dec 10, 2013 at 6:11:51 pm

Match frame was exactly what I needed since it shows the in and out of each selected clip allowing me to pull the right audio piece by piece. Thanks a lot, saved me a ton of time :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]