ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Avid back to Premiere... WITHDRAWAL!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Nagle
Avid back to Premiere... WITHDRAWAL!
on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:44:52 pm

Long story short, I'm no longer using Avid after a solid 6 months doing so at a Post house. I neglected this software for so long, but now want it back more than ever. There are some VERY handy tools that I need back in my arsenal in Premiere Pro. Someone well versed in both softwares will hopefully be able to help me.

The big one:
Avid lets you jump and forth between different sequences with Tab (albeit limited to just Source / Sequence). Is there a way I can do this in PP? I'm onlining a project right now and need to carry over motion information on every single shot, via copy & paste attributes. Pain in the ass, but because of how this was done, it's the only way. The more action I can limit to my fingers, the quicker it'll be done.

Surely more to ask within the next few days, but for now, this would be HUGE. What is this called?!

Thanks!!!

Brendan Nagle
Filmmaker / Journalist / Actor
http://www.TheBrendanNagle.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Avid back to Premiere... WITHDRAWAL!
on Dec 2, 2013 at 11:32:09 pm

By default Shift+3 will cycle between sequences in the timeline window. Of course you can change it to whatever what via the Keyboard Shortcuts window.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Dec 2, 2013 at 11:42:42 pm

You could make a single preset of ALL the effects on a clip and save it off with a unique name. Do that for each clip and then just apply those to the clips in the new timeline. Would certainly be quicker than copying and pasting effects with switching between timelines.

Return to posts index

Troy Murison
on Dec 7, 2013 at 9:50:04 am

Have you tried just having both (or more) sequences open at the same time and 'docked' to one another? I can't remember the official term for that. I do this quite often and it's very handy. I usually just stack them on top of one another.

-Troy Murison
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]