ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Editing a multi screen project?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy Moon
Editing a multi screen project?
on Nov 29, 2013 at 4:58:18 pm

Hi All.

Am making a 20 minute art piece of dialog based narrative which will be shown on 3 screens in the same space.
Roughly it will be 1xCU 1xCU and 1Xwide on each screen. I supply 3x20min videos.

Am not sure how to approach this in PP Cloud - perhaps with a giant canvas that shows all 3 screens, and then when edit is locked - split out each individual "stream" into it's native res. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks
~lucy

MacBookPro 2.2 GHz intel core duo/ 6 GB RAM / GeForce 8600M GT
Hackintosh 3.41 i7 / AMD Radeon HD 6870 /16 GB 1 / OSX 10.7

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: Editing a multi screen project?
on Nov 29, 2013 at 7:39:37 pm

Not sure what 1xCU means; please clarify. Are you A) splitting the frame into three segments like a video wall matrix, or B) showing the same video on three displays with different resolutions on each?

Return to posts index

Lucy Moon
on Nov 29, 2013 at 9:40:03 pm

Yes, sorry. Not clear. So I have some interaction between two actors, and 3 cameras on a wide and a close-up on each actor. The narrative will play synchronously but with (most of the time) one actors' close up on one screen, the other's close up on the other, and a wide on the third. I'll want to mix and match this layout throughout the piece, so after one scene, the screen may show Actor1, then on another scene, the the screen may show the wide or Actor2.

Does that make sense? The viewer will stand between all screens. I have about 8 unique scenes in the 20 minute piece.

MacBookPro 2.2 GHz intel core duo/ 6 GB RAM / GeForce 8600M GT
Hackintosh 3.41 i7 / AMD Radeon HD 6870 /16 GB 1 / OSX 10.7

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 30, 2013 at 4:09:55 pm

Probably the easiest way to do this is either:

Cut each scene in three timelines simultaneously with each timeline open so you simply switch back and forth between them to see your work

or

Cut each scene in a different video track and them simply turn the tracks on and off to see what's going on. You could run each track at 50% size so you can see all of them simultaneously, then simply bring them all back up to 100% size and export each video track independently. You get the three videos all cut in one timeline.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Southeast Creative Summit, Oct 25-27. Register Now! Save with code: creat...
Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

ben amato
on Aug 2, 2016 at 6:49:41 am

very curious how your project turned out , Lucy! let us know? I'm thinking of trying something similar. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]