ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

creating transitions in adobe premiere pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Kavanagh
creating transitions in adobe premiere pro
on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:40:04 am

I'm formally a final cut pro user, and now I use everything but I'm usually trying to emulate something I did if fcp, in other editing platforms, especially transitions. I use Avid now and one of the cool things is that I can create transitions I used in final cut pro and save them to the avid fx library. These are transitions like smash zooms, and blur slides. Premiere seems to have a very limited amount of plugin transitions available. Is it possible to create a transition in After effects, like a smash zoom, and then save it in a way that I can just apply it as a transition in Premiere Pro, instead of sending stuff to after effects, manipulating there and sending it back to premiere pro everytime I want to apply a transition. It would be awesome if I could just create transitions in After Effects and then apply them over and over again in Premiere. Like I said, this is possible in Avid so I'm hoping its possible in Premiere. I'm using the latest and greatest of the Adobe CC. Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: creating transitions in adobe premiere pro
on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:59:42 am

Actually, if you get yourself a copy of Boris Red, which is actually the same program as Avid FX, you'll find that not only can you build transitions in exactly the same way, but that you can use the transitions that you built in Avid in Premiere (and vice-versa) in exactly the same way. When you open Red or AvidFX, you'll find both libraries available to you.

Return to posts index

Owain Hopkins
Re: creating transitions in adobe premiere pro
on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:31:39 pm

Not that i know of. Look up a plug in called Dissolve Master: http://www.pixelan.com/dissolvemaster/help-adobe-premiere.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]