ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PPro CC and Mavericks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
PPro CC and Mavericks
on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:42:58 pm

Anyone using Mavericks yet and having any issues with PPro CC?... not sure if I should hold off. Mountain Lion's working great for me..

Telly Award Winning Editor, Motion Gfx Artist, Colorist
MotionFoundry, Inc. Post: Verizon, GM, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, L'Oreal, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: PPro CC and Mavericks
on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:16:45 pm

Seems fine except for the wacky dual full screen stuff. But you can turn that off if it drives you mad.

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:22:30 pm

thanks..

MotionFoundry, Inc. Post: Verizon, GM, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, L'Oreal, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota

Return to posts index

Delio Leon
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:55:46 am

DO NOT INSTALL MAVERICK!

I did the mistake of upgrade to Maverick from Mountain Lion and now the adobe applications doesn't work.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:59:39 am

What doesn't work? AE required a patch, and the rest of CC is supposedly compatible. But certainly never a good idea mid-project.

Return to posts index

Delio Leon
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:23:57 pm

After effects works fine after I did upgrade yesterday.version 12.0.1 Premier Pro CC or CS6 doesn't work. I'm waiting for Adobe call me in 1 hr.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Oct 29, 2013 at 9:10:32 pm

Hi Delio,

Have you tried to set Preferred Language to U.S. English from the list and changing Region to United States. Then restart and see if Premiere Pro launches.

This seems to fix the problem is most cases. This should not be a issue in the coming release.

Sorry for your troubles.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Oct 29, 2013 at 12:41:22 pm

[Delio Leon] "I did the mistake of upgrade to Maverick from Mountain Lion and now the adobe applications doesn't work."

I know someone editing REDCODE footage in Premiere CC on a 2013 iMac with Mavericks and it's working just fine for him.

Return to posts index

Delio Leon
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:19:56 pm

For me nothing works, I try to do the simple stuff, Open a new project, try to import a footage that I know that works on Premier Pro CC and CS6. But As soon the import window open, it disappears before i can select any material then the only function that works is force quit.

Return to posts index

Don Hertz
on Oct 29, 2013 at 12:49:30 pm

Have been running it on a "test" system here since Friday and have found no issues with Premiere yet. Most of our footage is XDCAM.

It did however break some of our Automator actions - which had to be rebuilt and the video playback in our asset management interface (which is browser based) doesn't like something in Safari 7, although it works just fine with Chrome so probably not a big deal until a patch arrives.

Sincerely,

Don Hertz

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:18:07 pm

Walter, has your studio switched over on all it's machines? I'm using Red Giant looks and trapcode, and a lot of Video Copilot plugins as well as. I guess I'll wait until I know all the updates have issued.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:30:00 pm

[Brian Cooney] "Walter, has your studio switched over on all it's machines? I'm using Red Giant looks and trapcode, and a lot of Video Copilot plugins as well as. I guess I'll wait until I know all the updates have issued."

Nope and we won't until every plug-in and hardware product we use says they are Maverick ready. I have no clue why folks want to switch over the day a new OS comes out. We are usually 30 - 60 days behind a release. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Southeast Creative Summit, Oct 25-27. Register Now! Save with code: creat...
Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Christopher Pavsek
on Nov 9, 2013 at 7:31:42 pm

Of course I was a fool and upgraded to Mavericks on a new iMac.

Now P Pro keeps losing its preview files. When starting up any rendered sequence has lost its green bars.

And rendering takes forever. A sequence that rendered in 35 seconds now takes 8 minutes?

I've searched here and googled and found no one else with this issue, so perhaps there is a particular problem with my setup. Anyone else with this issue? Any ideas other than reinstall Mountain Lion which ran almost perfectly with P Pro?

iMac 2013. 3.5gz i7
NVIDIA 780M video card
16gb RAM

Mavericks OS
P Pro 7.1 up to date

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Nov 20, 2013 at 8:04:13 pm

I'd love to keep things as is for now, but I'm in the market for a MacBook Pro that can at least run some low to moderate after effects procedures with ease. It looks like I will need to get on the road for some location edits and I know longer have a laptop. I was going to see if I could boot rMBP off a previous disc.. and wipe things clean with disc utility.. then I have a disc image copy of mountain lion, … but the consensus seems to be that it won't run correctly with Iris…

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]