ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

The new MacBook Pro w/ Premiere CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Bee
The new MacBook Pro w/ Premiere CS6
on Oct 12, 2013 at 1:18:50 am

I'm wondering how the new MacBook Pro (with maxed out specs) would do with Premiere CS6 and how well it would perform. Here is what the specs would be for the MacBook laptop:

2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
768GB Flash Storage
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Right now with my current PC whenever i have Magic Bullet Looks on a video clip I always have to render it out because it heavily lags during playback. When i edited videos on an iMac, this was not the case. I didn't have to render out any of my clips with Looks on them, at all.

So I'm wondering how well this type of MacBook would perform with Premiere Pro. Would I have to render out all clips with Looks on them just like my current PC? Would Premiere Pro run very smoothly and quick on the type of MacBook? What are your guys's thoughts?

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: The new MacBook Pro w/ Premiere CS6
on Oct 12, 2013 at 2:58:15 am

That MBP is fine for running CS. I have one from early 2013 with 16gig and I run CC and FCPX/Motion on it with no problem. I use a Thunderbolt display and external TB SSD drives as well as a 4TB RAID. I have the 500 gig hard drive and there's almost 250gig free after all these months. That 768gig drive is pricey and if you're primarily talking about editing then you're not going to be serving footage off of it so you might save some dollars there.

I picked up a new iMac just this week (27", i7, 24gig RAM) and editing on my MBP now feels like a chore sometimes. All this after 4 days!

So why not CC? There really is a difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]