ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Chaining the Opacity of an Adjustment Layer...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Nethery
Chaining the Opacity of an Adjustment Layer...
on Oct 10, 2013 at 3:09:32 pm

When I change the opacity of an adjustment layer, I only get an off or on. No fade up over time...

Any thoughts? is this a bug or limitation of pp?

thanks, dan.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Chaining the Opacity of an Adjustment Layer...
on Oct 10, 2013 at 3:41:30 pm

Dan,
Try updating the drivers for your GPU and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Dan Nethery
on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:03:40 pm

Kevin, Thanks for the fast reply!

I updated my cuda driver... And it did nothing...

I changed my render setting to the mercury playback engine to the software only... did nothing to help...

Then I pulled a video layer out of the mix and the fade up worked. When I have more then one adjustment layer in the stack, no matter the stack order the opacity doesn't apply at varying levels. Only 0% or 100%. My guess would be a bug.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:56:55 pm

HI Dan,
Adjustment Layers are only affected by Effects in the Effects tab, not in the Motion tab, so that can be confusing.

There is one exception to the above rule: opacity keyframes in Motion Effects control the opacity of Blend Modes--set to Normal, there is no effect. I think that is what you are experiencing.

What you want to check out is the Transform effect, where you can fade up opacity, and other neat controls. Please check that out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Ryan Delos Reyes
on Nov 5, 2014 at 12:40:56 am

Hi Dan,

My suggestion may not be helpful to you know but I thought about posting a solution anyways for other people that might encounter the problem like myself. Here's what I encountered and a solution that I got.

PROBLEM: Multiple layers on premiere pro stacked on top of each other with an adjustment layer on top. My adjustment layer has a vignette in it with a fade-in opacity. Gradual fade-in won't work with keyframes made in the opacity tab of the adjustment layer. Changing the blend modes didn't help neither.

OBSERVATION and SOlution: My video layers are a mix of .psds, after effects dynamic links, and .mov videos. When I turned off the layer with the psd in it, the fade-in opacity in the adjustment layer worked! Not sure why it turned out that way.

Solution: Put the layers (below the adjustment layer) in a nested sequence. It worked on my project.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Bill Quayle
on Feb 6, 2015 at 6:05:23 pm

I would add that to nest the layers, it's as simple as selecting all of them (except the adjustment layer), right click on the selected group and choose Nest. This creates a nested sequence within your timeline, and which is now shown in the Project Panel. This sequence can still be edited by opening it via the Project Panel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]