I'm using Premiere Pro as a long-time FCP7 user and am having huge issues with audio sync in merged clips/subclips in my current project. I've spent the last two days trying to resolve this and cannot find anything that solves my problem.
Here is my process:
1. Transcoded RED files to ProRes
2. Created merged clips in FCP7, syncing multiple audio tracks to video
3. Exported out a project file XML (includes bins, merged clips etc)
4. Imported XML into Premiere Pro CC
Here's the HUGE issue:
- The merged clips now include an additional 2 tracks from the raw camera track, which I'd removed – so a 3 mono track clip becomes a 5 mono track clip
- The existing audio is out of sync and seems to overdub itself with an echo
- The remaining tracks are nowhere to be found
- 1V, 3A, with each audio being a voice turns into 1V, 5A, with 1 voice duplicated three times on a track out of sync with an echo and 2 tracks of the raw camera sound.
This is driving me insane and I'm thinking of resorting back to FCP. Even when I manually create subclips from a timeline the same issue occurs.
Would appreciate any assistance!
I'm on an iMac 3.5GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM with Mac OSX 10.8.5. Premiere Pro is the latest version: 7.0.1, updated this morning. FCP7 is latest version (from a billion years ago).
So I've run into this issue going the other way ( from premiere to FCP 7 ) what I think is the issue is that the audio files from the second system have a different timecode than the video file. The project I was working on, we had a replacement sound guy for a couple of days and he did not jam the timecode between the audio and the camera. On all the scenes he recorded, when I sent the project to FCP the audio would not match up. As far as I can tell, the way premiere and FCP 7 read the timecode information for the linked audio is different.
What you might try doing is exporting all the clips from FCP with the new audio tracks so the audio and video are embedded in the same movie.