ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Matching audio across takes with filters

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy Moon
Matching audio across takes with filters
on Sep 26, 2013 at 1:09:49 pm

Hi there,

I am not finishing the audio on my project, but the difference in audio takes is marked and makes it hard to watch the edit. Sometimes the room tone is much more obvious and the actors voices sound "elsewhere" from one take to another. Mostly the audio was boom'd between both actors in the scene, so variation I assume in distance and angle result in subtle but annoying differences.

I'm not much of an audio gal. I have used the Dynamics filter with success, to make interview audio more even and compressed. Dynamics doesn't seem to work on this one probably because it's not dynamic range I want to squash.

I'm loath to start moving into Audition or similar, I like to stay in one application and not faff about.

Can anyone recommend a filter in Premiere Cloud 7.0.1 or point me to a video tutorial?
I could post the audio of which I speak if anyone is really keen to help me identify how to proceed.

Thanks!
Lucy

MacBookPro 2.2 GHz intel core duo/ 6 GB RAM / GeForce 8600M GT
Hackintosh 3.41 i7 / AMD Radeon HD 6870 /16 GB 1 / OSX 10.7

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Matching audio across takes with filters
on Sep 26, 2013 at 1:44:08 pm

In the Dynamics filter, turn on/check the AutoGate. This will help drop the room tone down during pauses and in between sentences. This basically opens the volume up to your set level when someone is talking and then turns down the volume when they are not, opening and closing the volume gate as it is. This all happens in milliseconds, much faster and better than we can set audio levels to do the same.

Here are the general settings I use;

Threshold -38.60 db
Attack 1.35 ms
Release 86.74 ms
Hold 1.00 ms

Play with the Threshold to get the right amount gating for your clips.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]