ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Resolution Advantages working with Native MTS Files In Premeire vs Coverting to Pro Res for FCP?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Greenwood
Resolution Advantages working with Native MTS Files In Premeire vs Coverting to Pro Res for FCP?
on Sep 20, 2013 at 6:33:13 pm

I'm used to cutting docs in pro res / FCP. But have a project that has many hours of footage shot with down and dirty street cameras. Specifically Panasonic HDC-HS900 flip cams with lots of grain and native MTS files. Because this film will screen theatrically I'm wondering if there are resolution advantages to editing in the native MTS format in Premiere rather than upconverting to Pro Res and cutting in FCP. The project will be easier for me to wrangle in FCP but I don't want to compress this video anymore than it already is. Help appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Resolution Advantages working with Native MTS Files In Premeire vs Coverting to Pro Res for FCP?
on Sep 20, 2013 at 7:36:07 pm

You'll need to compress it at some point...you can't deliver native .MTS files. It'll need to be exported as some master file type. If you used FCP and went to ProRes 422, you'd edit with that format, and can output that format without further recompression.

BUT...there will be another layer of compression when you export into the format required to screen it. Adobe might be able to do that in one step...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Resolution Advantages working with Native MTS Files In Premeire vs Coverting to Pro Res for FCP?
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:04:09 pm

Convert with the trial of this and see how it looks.

http://cineform.com/products/gopro-studio-premium

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Johnny Greenwood
on Sep 21, 2013 at 12:09:54 am

Whoa. Cloud comes to file converting. Futuristic stuff. Thanks for this Eric.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]