ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Thin line on edge of still images

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Waluska
Thin line on edge of still images
on Aug 28, 2013 at 4:40:09 pm

Hi,
Has anyone else had a problem with a thin line showing up around the edges of still images in Premiere?

I'm just getting to know Premiere and I'm working on a project that has several image sequences, which I'm animating in AE and either creating a dynamic link comp in Premiere or copy/pasting the comp from AE to premiere as a nested sequence. The problem is that on most of the images there is a thin 1-pixel black line that shows up on some or all the edges of the images only during playback or when I click and hold or move the play head.

Sometimes there are no lines visible until the image starts to animate off and then it shows up just as it starts to move.

The line does not appear in the dynamic link AE comps, only on images inside of Premiere sequences, whether they are animated or not.

The images are all good quality jpeg images, most around 1500 px wide and tall or larger. They are all stock images in a frame on white and the background is also white. The sequences are all 1080p.

They are also all scaled to below 100% but I've tried resetting the scale to 100% and the lines are still there. I've also tried the crop and anti alias effects but they don't help. Any thoughts?

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Blake Davis
Re: Thin line on edge of still images
on Aug 30, 2013 at 12:03:33 pm

Have you done an actual test export of the project or your described section of the project?
Sometimes, in my experience, the pre-exported timeline playback didn't show the images as full quality unti export.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Thin line on edge of still images
on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:30:47 pm

Thanks Blake, that was exactly right. I just exported a couple of test and there were no lines. I assumed that since I was playing at full resolution in the timeline on a high-quality monitor that what I was seeing was what I was getting. Glad that's not the case.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]