ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Creating a Multicam edit from a normal sequence in Premiere CS6.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen maud
Creating a Multicam edit from a normal sequence in Premiere CS6.
on Jul 24, 2013 at 4:51:44 pm

I'm going crazy - nothing new there..

I recently filmed a musical using 3 cameras - as two of them were DSLRs there are timecode breaks where we had to cut and start recording again due to limits on file size/ duration of DSLR cameras.

A month or so ago I successfully did a multi cam edit (part 1 of the musical) in Premiere Pro CS6 based on an online resource (which I now can't find) that said I should create a new sequence containing all the video and audio synced up with the same in-points in the timeline. I've done this again for part 2 of the musical so I have 3 video tracks and 5 audio tracks that are all perfectly synced.

How do I create a multicam sequence out of this??? If I highlight all the clips and try to select create multicam out of this, it's opaque and I can't do it. I've searched extensively online and most articles/videos say I should mark clips up in the project window with in-points or markers and then PP CS6 does the work for me, but as I have several clips that run on from one another with gaps this won't be achievable. Plus I have a nice block of perfectly synced shots.

I seem to remember there was an option to sync the clips from the in-points and then I could go ahead and create a multi-cam sequence but can't find this now.

please help - I'm tearing out what little hair I have left.

MacPro 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon / 32GB memory

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Creating a Multicam edit from a normal sequence in Premiere CS6.
on Jul 24, 2013 at 5:21:50 pm

If your trying to convert your existing sequence into a multi-cam sequence try the following.

1. Select all of your media in the Timeline, right-click select Nest
2. Right-click on your nested sequence, select Multi-Camera> Enable

Hope this is helpful,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Paul Friedman
on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:15:59 pm

Peter -

I followed your instructions - worked great! BUT, i have no audio when I play my multi cam source window ... what am I missing?

Thanks!

Paul Friedman

(using Premiere Pro CC version 7.0.0 (342))

Return to posts index

Stephen Maud
on Jul 24, 2013 at 10:18:42 pm

Thanks Peter - of course! I'll try tomorrow. Hopefully that will enable me to make grade / audio tweaks to the original edit that will replicate to the multicam edit.

Cheers for your help.

Return to posts index

stephen maud
on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:25:09 am

Works like a dream - with the audio still laid out on all tracks below. Many thanks Peter.

MacPro 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon / 32GB memory

Return to posts index

Justin Crowell
on Jul 25, 2013 at 8:53:18 pm

This is presumably the way to do this in CC as well, correct? The reason I ask is because I have to use Pluraleyes, as PP CC is struggling to sync my clips by audio (not sure why...Pluraleyes made quick work of them).

Editor, Producer, DP
JustinCrowell.com

Return to posts index

Paul Friedman
on Jul 26, 2013 at 3:09:48 pm

Peter - I upgraded to 7.0.1 and everything works great! PluralEyes is faster on synching, but I set up 6 cameras plus dedicated audio and using Peter's method was able to see all six AND keep all audio and adjust as needed! Awesome - thanks!

Return to posts index

Roger Matthews
on May 29, 2014 at 4:51:50 am

I have just come across this post and was unable to find the option "Multicamera -> Enable" in Premiere Pro CC 7.2.2

Is this now in a different menu? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mina Nenadovic
on Mar 7, 2015 at 1:16:44 pm

Right click on the video inside the sequence and then Multicamera_Enable

Return to posts index

Morgan Jones
on Mar 4, 2016 at 12:42:20 am

I have nested and enabled. I find that there are more steps you have not mentioned. I am only able to enable camera 1 and should probably be able to see all cameras. Additionally, I have followed your instructions and simply still do not have a multi-cam edit.
Other tutorials talk about changing the view to a multi-cam edit, but in my version of CC I do not have that option as far as I can tell.

What are the additional steps to convert a normal sequence containing multiple cameras from a normal edit into a multi-cam edit?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]