ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Edit Video Without Re-Encoding?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom SmithEdit Video Without Re-Encoding?
by on Jul 20, 2013 at 12:42:49 am

I have access to Premiere pro 6 and Sorenson squeeze, is it possible to keep the same format exactly as my camera and not re-encode if I just wanted to cut some parts and join a few?

I saw this question before but couldn't resolve it from the answers.. The most advanced thing I would need to do would be to sync external audio to a video clip, but if there is only a way to cut and join files and not encode that is fine too, because I can join the two files with the YouTube editor later.

I am using a sony handycam which make .mts files, and I tried re encoding with basically every setting and put about 100 different of the same video on youtube, but the one where I never re-encoded was literally twice as good on both 1080p and 360p.

Edit-I was searching, but I don't really know much about video editing. I read that only some files can be cut without encoding, but most should be able to be re-encoded only a few frames from where you cut and the rest would not be re-encoded, how would I do this?

Return to posts index

Tom SmithRe: Edit Video Without Re-Encoding?
by on Jul 20, 2013 at 12:52:55 am

Oh, and I don't care about the file size, because my videos are usually around 2.5 minutes long.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Edit Video Without Re-Encoding?
by on Jul 20, 2013 at 12:13:55 pm

Premiere does smart-renders for certain file types but not for mts files.

Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Edit Video Without Re-Encoding?
by on Jul 20, 2013 at 5:21:35 pm

For reference here is the list of formats Premiere Pro CC Smart Renders

XDCAM HD (in OP1a MXF format)
XDCAM EX (in MP4 within BPAV folder structure)
AVC-I (in OP1a MXF format)
DNxHD (in OP1a MXF format)
DNxHD (in QuickTime)
ProRes (in QuickTime)
Animation (in QuickTime)

Peter Garaway
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved